Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Classic Bus overclocking?  (Read 1025 times)

Description:

Offline QuikSanzTopic starter

Classic Bus overclocking?
« on: September 29, 2016, 10:36:20 PM »
I'm curious, Can a ZII bus be doubled if if not using a Toaster. What may be the pitfalls of this. There must be some way to increase bandwidth to give lets say a Vampire better performance. A graphics card could benefit.

Chris

Re: Classic Bus overclocking?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 11:21:15 PM »
I was thinking the rest of the chips may not handle this but this could reduce the "bottleneck" if it can be done.

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 11:54:08 PM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;814617
Pretty sure you'd get better performance using the onboard video of the Vampire board than any Zorro II graphics card.  Zorro II slots are still useful for legacy SCSI boards/peripherals, sound cards, networking, etc., though.  ;)

If you have A USB card, sound card and net card in it the bus is waiting sometimes. forget the graphics card.

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 08:34:57 PM »
Hmm, Would be interesting to have a switch to toggle the speed and check it out for software and card compatibility. If some things are picky you could leave it as a turbo button.

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 07:33:37 PM »
@SpeedGeek,

I'd love to see that Schematic on Amibay but it won't let me see it, even after registering.

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 05:26:32 AM »
Quote from: SpeedGeek;815017
It may take a few to days get full access to Amibay since new member registrations are approved by a staff member.

Still no access. Dead end.