Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Saraba and Caricon  (Read 1471 times)

Description:

Offline XDelusionTopic starter

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
Saraba and Caricon
« on: November 29, 2011, 05:11:11 AM »
I am not sure that I have the spelling right, but does anyone remember Saraba and Caricon from the old Ann.lu and IRC days?

If I recall correctly Saraba had a web site set up called Amiga Cafe.

She lived in Ohio when I knew them, but I believe they moved back to Colorado and I have not heard from them since.

If anyone has any leads, please by all means give me a heads up, I'd love to see what they are up to now a days.
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline Mr_DBUG

• Show only replies by Mr_DBUG
Re: Saraba and Caricon
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 09:04:51 AM »
I remember getting some help with Termite TCP to get my A1200 online with a dialup modem in 1996 or so :-) But would have no idea where Saraba might be now ..

Offline ChaosLord

• Show only replies by ChaosLord
    • http://totalchaoseng.dbv.pl/news.php
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 06:53:19 PM »
The last time I talked to her she dumped her Amiga and went Mac.

Never heard from her again after that.
Wanna try a wonderfull strategy game with lots of handdrawn anims,
Magic Spells and Monsters, Incredible playability and lastability,
English speech, etc. Total Chaos AGA

Offline portnoy

• Show only replies by portnoy
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 02:48:17 AM »
Last time I talked to her that Amiga she build had fried and Caricon had burned up her Mac. She used to spend her time between sleeping, working and Runescape.

Offline mechy

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 03:16:38 AM »
Quote from: XDelusion;669475
I am not sure that I have the spelling right, but does anyone remember Saraba and Caricon from the old Ann.lu and IRC days?

If I recall correctly Saraba had a web site set up called Amiga Cafe.

She lived in Ohio when I knew them, but I believe they moved back to Colorado and I have not heard from them since.

If anyone has any leads, please by all means give me a heads up, I'd love to see what they are up to now a days.

I remember her, she was from australia originally if i recall. haven't heard anything of her though.

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 03:25:30 AM »
Quote from: mechy;699601
I remember her, she was from australia originally if i recall. haven't heard anything of her though.

She was from Colorado, moved to Ohio, then the last I talked to her she was off to Colorado again with Caricon.

Aside of being really friendly, helpful, and Amiga informed, she was well known for sharing pics of her breasts on. iRC. ;)

She was a goofy one. Wiccan too if that rings a bell.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 10:41:23 PM by XDelusion »
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline portnoy

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 04:31:39 PM »
Quote from: XDelusion;699602
She was from colerado, moved to Ohio, then the last I talked to her she was off to Colerado again with Caricon.

Aside of being really friendly, helpful, and Amiga informed, she was well known for sharing pics of her breasts on. iRC. ;)

She was a goofy one. Wiccan too if that rings a bell.

They're back in Colorado? That would explain why she's not responding to text msgs I guess. I've been wanting to talk to her too. I recently ran across the username Fennec and can't recall from where I remember it, thought she might remember.

Offline tone007

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 06:03:30 PM »
Chatted with (and bought a C64-in-a-joystick from) a Caricon on IRC (irc.newnet.net, channel #c64friends) a couple of years ago, no idea if it's the same guy or if he's still on there but I seem to recall he had some Amigas as well.
3 Commodore file cabinets, 2 Commodore USB turntables, 1 AmigaWorld beer mug
Alienware M14x i7 laptop running AmigaForever

Offline Pakrat

• Show only replies by Pakrat
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 09:14:59 PM »
Last I heard, she was still living outside of Van Wert, Ohio, she only went to Colorado to visit her Mom. The last time I saw her and her husband was at an Amitech-Dayton meeting a couple of years ago, I haven't been attending the meetings, as all my Amigas are dead as a doornail except my 1200, but it needs a new (or repaired) keyboard, rendering it basically useless until I can fix that. I will hopefully be having one of my three 4000 motherboards re-capped by Amigakit before too long, as I'm jonesing for OS 3.9 something fierce.
Amiga 4000: OS 3.9, 136M FastRAM, Cyberstorm MK-III 68060/50, 18G UWSCSI Seagate Cheetah (10K RPM), 4G SCSI Seagate Barracuda, Cybervision 64/3D, IOBlix, Oktagon 2008, Ariadne II connected wirelessly to an Apple Airport Extreme, viewed with a 19" NEC Multisync 95 CRT in 1280x1024x64K colors *only Amiga makes it paw-sible*

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 10:38:47 PM »
Quote from: Pakrat;699669
Last I heard, she was still living outside of Van Wert, Ohio, she only went to Colorado to visit her Mom. The last time I saw her and her husband was at an Amitech-Dayton meeting a couple of years ago, I haven't been attending the meetings, as all my Amigas are dead as a doornail except my 1200, but it needs a new (or repaired) keyboard, rendering it basically useless until I can fix that. I will hopefully be having one of my three 4000 motherboards re-capped by Amigakit before too long, as I'm jonesing for OS 3.9 something fierce.

Well hello there Bill! ;)

I got a 1200 Keyboard I can give you. It's European but it would get you through the day. Most of the keys are in the same places.

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 10:39:44 PM »
Quote from: portnoy;699647
They're back in Colorado? That would explain why she's not responding to text msgs I guess. I've been wanting to talk to her too. I recently ran across the username Fennec and can't recall from where I remember it, thought she might remember.

Portnoy....

That name really rings a bell! I think you and I used to talk years ago. Maybe in IRC.

Offline Pakrat

• Show only replies by Pakrat
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 01:53:35 AM »
Y hello thar, Chris. :o) The  1200 has fitted the DKB 1240 you gave me. It's (actually) a 68030@50mhz with 32M, not too bad. That and a 1.3G Seagate drive. I'll mess around with the machine to see if I can get the keyboard working first before I try the one you have, it's actually kind of intermittent. The connection point may be dirty or something. I wonder if there's much history of 1200s in general with this.
Amiga 4000: OS 3.9, 136M FastRAM, Cyberstorm MK-III 68060/50, 18G UWSCSI Seagate Cheetah (10K RPM), 4G SCSI Seagate Barracuda, Cybervision 64/3D, IOBlix, Oktagon 2008, Ariadne II connected wirelessly to an Apple Airport Extreme, viewed with a 19" NEC Multisync 95 CRT in 1280x1024x64K colors *only Amiga makes it paw-sible*

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 01:59:18 AM »
I remember that DKB. What did I sell that to you as? An 040 or a lower spec 030? Hope I didn't sell you something thinking it was one thing then it ended up being another...

Unless you are happy with it and it ended up being something better, well then that's great!!! :)

As for the 1200 Keyboards, I've never had one with issues yet, though I did have an A600 that needed the keyboard replaced once.

Either way, if you don't get anywhere with it, let me know, I'll happily drop by and give you my keyboard free of charge. I'll be in the area till September, then I'm moving about 50 minutes away.

Quote from: Pakrat;699709
Y hello thar, Chris. :o) The  1200 has fitted the DKB 1240 you gave me. It's (actually) a 68030@50mhz with 32M, not too bad. That and a 1.3G Seagate drive. I'll mess around with the machine to see if I can get the keyboard working first before I try the one you have, it's actually kind of intermittent. The connection point may be dirty or something. I wonder if there's much history of 1200s in general with this.

Offline portnoy

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2012, 09:39:27 PM »
Quote from: XDelusion;699676
Portnoy....

That name really rings a bell! I think you and I used to talk years ago. Maybe in IRC.

Probably. Man I miss IRC, those sessions were a blast.

Offline portnoy

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2012, 10:50:16 PM »
I did talk to Saraba a week or so ago and they're still living in Ohio. I should drop in on them sometime, I haven't seen then in ages.