Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Why use Amiga in 2011?  (Read 5381 times)

Description:

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
Re: Why use Amiga in 2011?
« Reply #44 from previous page: October 21, 2011, 03:03:53 AM »
Quote from: smerf;664280
A mini mac running MorphOS is just another MAC running an emulation program, it is in no way associated with an Amiga. As a matter of fact, why does some one want to insult the Amiga name by saying it runs on a MAC. Everyone with a head on their shoulders know that even an old Amiga is better than a MAC.

MAC = Misusing Amiga Community

The only thing I would use a apple product for is a doorstop.
I'll reserve my dislike for Apple corporate for the products they're actually selling, thanks. These days the G3s and G4s and G5s are as cast-aside and underappreciated as any Amiga hardware, while the cultists chase after the latest bit of shiny being dangled along on a string by the marketing department. So what does that make them? Solid PPC hardware at bargain-basement prices, that's what. And frankly, I'm okay with that.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline djrikki

• Show only replies by djrikki
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2011, 03:41:42 AM »
Quote from: Delta;663963
Great video, it was the first time I witnessed MorphOS and AROS working.  The neutrality of his speech is excellent, it made me confirm that I want an OS4 machine.  

The Macmini Morphos option is awesome but only if I get the mac for free ;)  I do like Acube's hardware and I will keep winbloze7 on my PC for gaming so my only question now is: When will the X1000 official price be announced so I can faint and choose a SAM460 instead?  ;)

The official price of the X1000 was announced 1 hr ago. :afro:

Offline XDelusionTopic starter

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2011, 04:30:36 AM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;664285
I'll reserve my dislike for Apple corporate for the products they're actually selling, thanks. These days the G3s and G4s and G5s are as cast-aside and underappreciated as any Amiga hardware, while the cultists chase after the latest bit of shiny being dangled along on a string by the marketing department. So what does that make them? Solid PPC hardware at bargain-basement prices, that's what. And frankly, I'm okay with that.

As am I, and trust me, my hate for Apple knows no end...

...though I must admit, I do kind of like my iPod, though I can't say it's improved the quality of my life any, despite what the advert enticements say. ;)

“Through the computer, the heralds say, we will make education better, religion better, politics better, our minds better — best of all, ourselves better. This is, of course, nonsense, and only the young or the ignorant or the foolish could believe it.

― Neil Postman

BTW, for anyone who thinks I'm an AROS or OS4 hater, and a MorphOS elitist...

I will tell you this. When or if the day comes that AROS or OS4 gives MorphOS a run for its money, I for one will not hesitate to boast about their achievements!!!
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline actung_bab

• Show only replies by actung_bab
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2011, 05:20:13 AM »
thnaks was well done and very enjoyable watch
Acthung baby
http://telnet://midnight-blue.dyndns.org
Cnet 4.60 PRO bbs software
Amiga 1200 020 14 mhz mbz 1200 z pcmcia network card 4 meg ram 2 Gb scandisk cf
Amiga 2000 020
Amiga 4000 030 25 mhz broken
Amiga x 4 1200
x 6 Sony Ps 3 Orginal 60 gb 4  port usb 160 gb hd (os 4.1 ready :-)
what can i say i like thse machines
x 3 XBOX 360 1x xbox 360 slim
url=http://avatars.jurko.net][/