Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PS3 - X-Box 360 - Nintendo Revolution  (Read 10349 times)

Description:

Offline coldfish

• Show all replies
Re: PS3 - X-Box 360 - Nintendo Revolution
« on: May 18, 2005, 04:01:34 AM »
360 will have a good head start on the others, and if indications are correct will be priced very aggressively ($US299-360).  I wouldnt be at all surprised if one or two PS2 owners get tired of waiting for PS3?

...M$ are counting on it.

X-Box360 will supposedly be somewhat compatible as well....but only the most popular games (How stupid)

Ironically, this is analogous to how the A1200 is partially backward compatible with A500 software and how that compatability is improved with apps like WHDload ect.  
360 will need individual coding to play past Xbox games, at first this will be limited to the more popular titles.

While Sony definately tries to get involved in all markets they dont try to undermine and destroy their competition like Microsoft does. This is the #1 reason why I won't buy Microsoft's deal. #2 is good though, it's technically a lesser unit.

Sony's tactics are debatable, just ask Nintendo and Sega about the gritty details.

Following your reasoning in #2 why would anyone presently buy a PS2, when both GC and Xbox are technically superior?

Technical specifications and theoretical performance are never good reasons to prefer one machine over another, surely a present day Amiga user would know that?

:-D

Offline coldfish

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 03:05:07 AM »
what Darklight said.

---

To all those PS2 fanboys who use "backups" yet hate Xbox:

Bwahahahaa! You dumb b*st*rds!

M$ couldnt be happier that you're pirating Sony property!!!  Youre actually helping them weaken Sony revenue!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

The worst thing you could do to M$ is to buy an Xbox, seeing as they lose money on each console...

-on topic-

Seeing as I have all this-gen consoles, I'll probably get all the next-gen consoles sooner or later.

Offline coldfish

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 06:44:24 AM »
rayt: heh, you puttz!

---

bodie:
Do you post at Atomic too?

Cover blown! cover blown! PULL OUT!

---

Yeah I loiter here and there, spouting the same poorly researched BS and over-emotional/irrational opinions to anyone that will listen.

I have to say my Amiga-fan-status has reduced to probably just morbid curiosity in the last year or so though.  I'm more a console, emulation, PC-hardware geek these days.

...Bodie_CI5?

Offline coldfish

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 11:39:35 AM »
Sorry LinchpiN,

I didnt name you specifically, so theres no need to be sensitive about the word "fanboy" -is- there?

If only everyone who used modchips & "backups" was as honest and well meaning as your good self, and not software pirates like rayt, for example.

As far as software preservation goes, most companies will replace a damaged disk for a nominal fee (sometimes just postage) on return of the original.

Offline coldfish

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 04:30:18 AM »
The Killzone2 "demo" on PS3 was a render.

Offline coldfish

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 02:44:49 AM »
by Waccoon on 2005/11/1 19:00:09:
I got my Mac mini on eBay for $335, and it's a full computer with 256MB or RAM and a real PPC

Hey Waccoon, I have a Mac-Mini too.  Bump that RAM upto 512MB and you'll notice a sizable performance boost.

Apple have started selling them with 512MB standard.

All the best!

Offline coldfish

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 07:01:18 AM »
For one thing Apple arent going wholey and soley Intel, just some segments of their product line.  Support will exist for present lines for quite sometime yet, and cross compatability has always been the long-term objective.

With the 'mini, why bother with OS4 when you have OSX?  

I understand the fun aspect of using the 'cube as a hobby box, and hats-off for being inquisitive and exploring, but it really isn't the solution to next-gen Amiga computing.

Offline coldfish

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 03:28:44 AM »
Well, the compatability list is a hell of a lot larger than I'd have thought, and growing.  

Also, the individual patches are a lot smaller (<5MB).  And that you can dl them using a PC and burn them to a CD then read that burnt CD on your 360 is a surprise too.

I'm impressed! There's a lot to be said for 360 if it can software emulate an Xbox and go on to improve the visual quality on top of that.  I guess Xbox's archetectural simplicity has paid off in this case.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilityqa.htm