Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pressure support?  (Read 6855 times)

Description:

Offline MixelTopic starter

• Show all replies
Pressure support?
« on: August 06, 2020, 03:53:24 AM »
Hey! Loving the latest PPaint but, despite being the most recently updated Amiga art app I have - its the only one that claims to have pressure support that  I’ve not been able to get pressure working in..

I’ve tried:
Accupoint drivers (the ones that make Wacom pressure work in DPaint)
FormAldiHyd Drivers
Tableau Pro drivers
I have tablet.library installed..

I’ve tried two different serial tablets, which work in arteffect, photogenics, dpaint etc.. A Wacom Ultrapad, and a Aiptek Hyperpen 6000..

The pressure support seems entirely undocumented- what do you need to make it work? Has anyone got it working? :D Am I the only person trying to use it, and thus it’s not really getting tested by anyone?

• Show all replies
Re: Pressure support?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 08:34:25 PM »
Thanks for the Penpartner suggestion.. Just tried that and it seems to functionally be the same as the Tableau Pro driver, though less finicky with it's settings. Same app support - pressure working in ArtEffect and Photogenics but not PPaint or DPaint. :/ It's still likely to be one of my most used drivers though, so TY!

I had a similar situation with wife taking over the desk to be a work office, but we've set her up in another room now so I could get some stuff done..  :D It was fine for a while but lockdown for us is being extended so much, and it looks like it may spike here soon again.. Ugh. (Obvs it doesn't matter to me what you think about the pandemic but I wouldn't call it scamdemic without knowing what the other party is going through.. Potentially very sensitive issue, hehe.)

Tableau Pro I had to buy from some guy on Ebay as nobody's uploaded an ADF anywhere. - it's a Haage & Partner driver that claims to support PPaint, so it's pretty interesting that it doesn't seem to. Maybe it will if I try an earlier version of PPaint! I'll upload the ADF soon, it's definitely abandonware.  ;D

I don't know if I'm allowed to link to the EAB file server here, but you can find the accupoint driver and tablet.library on there. Those are the only way I'm aware of to get DPaint 4.5+ Pressure working.

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 01:18:07 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion! :) Just downloaded it to try that out..

As far as I can see PPaint 7.1 doesn’t have the pressure settings at all.. if it does they’re very well hidden. :) in 7.3c they’re out in the open, they just don’t seem to do anything.. Puzzling!

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 11:06:14 PM »
Sorry to reply to myself..

I got it to work! I was actually trying to fix the weird "1 pixel brush intermittently disappears and there's nothing you can do about it" glitch and when I turn off blitter and everything else in the graphics menu.. Somehow.. With pen partner - tablet pressure is working now!

Why it ever wasn't is anyone's guess but it's definitely working now! Ahh! Shame about the 1 pixel brush thing. I'm sure i fixed that at some point with tool types or something?

Yay! TY for the suggestions!