Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WTS: Mac Mini G4 w/ Registered MorphOS  (Read 3452 times)

Description:

Offline kd7otaTopic starter

• Show only replies by kd7ota
    • http://www.qrz.com
WTS: Mac Mini G4 w/ Registered MorphOS
« on: February 01, 2011, 01:10:41 AM »
Hello,

I am considering selling my Mac Mini G4 1.25GHZ/512MB RAM/80GB Hard drive.

I registered MorphOS for it a few months back.  Its a great computer, but I am really not using it as much as I thought I would.. Id rather sell it to someone who would make great use out of it.

I paid $100+ for the Mac Mini and $100+ registration of MorphOS.  Ill settle for $225 shipped anywhere in the USA.  I only go through PayPal.

Thanks. :) Ill do my best to check often on here. I live in Nevada, USA :).
-=-=-=-=-=-
Mine!  :-D

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
Re: WTS: Mac Mini G4 w/ Registered MorphOS
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 02:59:52 AM »
Quote from: kd7ota;611358
Hello,

I am considering selling my Mac Mini G4 1.25GHZ/512MB RAM/80GB Hard drive.

I registered MorphOS for it a few months back.  Its a great computer, but I am really not using it as much as I thought I would.. Id rather sell it to someone who would make great use out of it.

I paid $100+ for the Mac Mini and $100+ registration of MorphOS.  Ill settle for $225 shipped anywhere in the USA.  I only go through PayPal.

Thanks. :) Ill do my best to check often on here. I live in Nevada, USA :).

Where are you located?
How did you get a MorphOS registration key for only $100?
And are you including a keyboard or mouse?
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 05:05:01 AM »
I didnt get the key for $100, I paid the price it costs now to register :) I just put $100+ cause I forgot how much registration was.

Its just the bare unit... I do have a clear keyboard from an eMac I used for it, but I already got rid of it, so its just a 4 port usb hub, the mac mini, and the power cord to it.  Ill have MorphOS 2.7 preinstalled fresh with the key already in it.

I am located in Nevada :) If your talking about a specific town, its Fallon, NV.
-=-=-=-=-=-

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 06:19:40 AM »
That is a good price for a registered MorphOS2.x system.  All the buyer would need to complete it is any USB mouse & keyboard, plus a monitor, and they would have a nice, small footprint, fast, MorphOS2.7 system.

I have a 1.5GHz G4 MacMini with registered MorphOS2.7/MacOSX10.5.8 dual boot and love it.  Really like the Amiga compatibility (runs lots of original Amiga 68k software without needing to load EUAE + PowerUP/WarpUP software), the speed, low power consumption and small size.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 06:23:47 AM by amigadave »
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline Iggy

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 06:29:05 AM »
Quote from: amigadave;611409
That is a good price for a registered MorphOS2.x system.  All the buyer would need to complete it is any USB mouse & keyboard, plus a monitor, and they would have a nice, small footprint, fast, MorphOS2.7 system.

I have a 1.5GHz G4 MacMini with registered MorphOS2.7/MacOSX10.5.8 dual boot and love it.  Really like the Amiga compatibility (runs lots of original Amiga 68k software without needing to load EUAE + PowerUP/WarpUP software), the speed, low power consumption and small size.

Well Dave, I like your system, but this system has half the video memory and its slower. The price is OK considering the 111 euro charge for the key, but I'd rather have your computer.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

Offline Damion

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 08:22:11 AM »
I am located in Nevada :) If your talking about a specific town, its Fallon, NV.

Wow! A MorphOS user in Fallon... and I thought it was only coyotes and rednecks out that way.

Just teasing of course. Good luck with the sale. :-)

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 04:30:21 PM »
Thanks! :)  I was in Kansas up until I finished college.  Would have been nice if it were a 1.5ghz Mac Mini, but 1.25ghz is still quite impressive.
-=-=-=-=-=-

Offline wa9yoz

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by wa9yoz
    • http://www.qrz.com/db/wa9yoz
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 07:04:43 PM »
I've got a 2/440 mobile amp; Mirage BD-35 with manual; plus I'll throw in an ATV XCVR; made by P.C. Electronics #TC-70-1; even-steven; you ship I ship.
73's
Tony
WA9YOZ

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 07:13:42 PM »
Quote from: wa9yoz;611537
I've got a 2/440 mobile amp; Mirage BD-35 with manual; plus I'll throw in an ATV XCVR; made by P.C. Electronics #TC-70-1; even-steven; you ship I ship.
73's
Tony
WA9YOZ

I am not looking to trade :( I actually have an Icom 706MKII, LDG antenna tuner, and MFG antenna analyzer to try to get myself in the HF bands.  If I were needing amps for 2m/440, I would have definately done it.

But thanks for the offer. :)  I got 1 person who might be interested in buying tomorrow, but its still for sale to whoever comes paying for it first. :)
-=-=-=-=-=-

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 05:47:03 PM »
Still have the Mac Mini for sale. :)
-=-=-=-=-=-

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 06:46:58 PM »
If there are any AmigaOS/MorphOS developers in North America that need a MorphOS2.x compatible computer to test their MorphOS2.x software on, or to develop/port MorphOS2.x native software with this registered MacMini, I will help pay half the purchase cost for them to get this computer.  You must have some successful programming experience with examples of your work and a desire to continue to write new, or port existing software to MorphOS2.x.

Contact me via PMail, or email to discuss this offer.

This is a great way to get a MorphOS2.x compatible computer that has a MorphOS2.x license key for less than the cost of a new MorphOS2.x license key alone, or in other words, the MacMini is free and the MorphOS2.x license key is less than the current 111 euro price (depending on what the exchange rate from euros to dollars is on any given day).

Jump on this chance to get into writing new software for MorphOS2.x, or porting existing software (yours or Open Source) to MorphOS.2x and get a free G4 MacMini for less than the cost of the MorphOS2.x license key that it already has installed on it.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 07:00:23 PM by amigadave »
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline Iggy

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 07:06:30 PM »
Quote from: amigadave;615098
If there are any AmigaOS/MorphOS developers in North America that need a MorphOS2.x compatible computer to test their software on, or to develop/port MorphOS2.x native software with this registered MacMini, I will help pay half the purchase cost for them to get this computer.  You must have some successful programming experience with examples of your work and a desire to continue to write new, or port existing software to MorphOS2.x.

Contact me via PMail, or email to discuss this offer.

Nice offer Dave. Hopefully someone will pick up on it.

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 03:11:20 AM »
Pending sale. Someone offered $200 for it and im tempted to go with it. Ill let you all know if it goes through or not.

But thanks amigadave for your generosity on offering someone to help pay for it.  The thought counts.
-=-=-=-=-=-

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 03:53:20 AM »
Sold! :)
-=-=-=-=-=-

Offline save2600

• Show only replies by save2600
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2011, 03:58:06 AM »
Let's hope I actually receive this one now! :laughing:

You guys and gals remember what happened the last time I purchased a MacMini w/ MorphOS from here?  :mad: