Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PCMCIA CARD AND BOOT DISK PROBLEMS- WORKBENCH 3.0  (Read 5880 times)

Description:

Offline wrath of khanTopic starter

• Show all replies
Re: PCMCIA CARD AND BOOT DISK PROBLEMS- WORKBENCH 3.0
« Reply #14 from previous page: January 20, 2021, 05:58:36 AM »
If i had my harddrive/cf card accessible via the rear trapdoor that might work. Then if i put the wb 3.1 cf card in my pc would i be able to transfer files to it and then insert it back in the slot? Would the pc read the wb 3.1 card and allow files to be placed on it?

https://sordan.ie/product/737/amiga-1200-8mb-fast-ram-memory-trapdoor-expansion/

I am thinking of getting one of these... Basically if i can run d-paint or such and transfer 32 colour sprites/frames to the 1200 and make any needed adjustments there i should be good for now. Though an accelerator can be had for 150 euros online. Though i possibly need a specific monitor or old crt? I use a flatscreen at the moment.

Hah, and no i am not the mighty David Pleasance... I took the photo as an avatar years ago- always remembered David's name from back in the day. Believe it or not i got a private message from Petro Tyschtschenko a few years back... he evidently thought I was actually David as the message he sent confirmed it. lol.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 06:01:43 AM by wrath of khan »

Offline wrath of khanTopic starter

• Show all replies
Re: PCMCIA CARD AND BOOT DISK PROBLEMS- WORKBENCH 3.0
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2021, 06:24:10 AM »
Thanks, yes i got it working once i sorted the dos drivers bit. Thanks. Previously i also formatted it to the wrong file format.
So now i have it working but only can access i think 2 or 3 gigs. I will try formatting the card again to restore the 16 gigs.

I have an 020 accelerator incoming and I lucked into an old Crt telly locally. Soon I will have a decent set-up but will buy a vampire a1200 whenever I get notified.