Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Elbox spider limitations/issues  (Read 279 times)

Description:

Offline HammerDTopic starter

Elbox spider limitations/issues
« on: April 01, 2017, 04:43:59 PM »
I have a Deneb and several USB peripherals, like a USB sound card and USB ethernet (by DLINK).  Both of those devices work on the Deneb 100% no problem, but they don't work on the Spider.

Poseidon gives a IO transfer error or something similar with the USB sound card, and the USB Ethernet adapter gets a Receive error.   Also, the names of my devices are all coming up as weird names, like Chris Hodges programmed some humor, like they are called Kitchen soup, Cosmic Warp Drive, stuff like that.  I have to say I've never seen that on the Deneb.

Has anyone else experienced this?  I gather there was some bad blood between Elbox and Chris Hodges (poseidon author).  I forget the details.

So on the Spider I only have USB sticks, keyboard and mouse working. No USB sound card, no USB ethernet, which sucks.
AmigaOS 4.x Beta Tester - Classic Amiga enthusiast - http://www.hd-zone.com is my Amiga Blog, check it out!

Offline amiadudeorwat

Re: Elbox spider limitations/issues
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 05:05:03 PM »
I've never seen anyone report USB ethernet or sound working on the Spider.  If you notice in the hilarious logs there should be a message along the lines of "XX transfer method not supported, bummer".  The only things the Spider is good for is Mass storage devices and input devices like mouse and keyboard.

Offline HammerDTopic starter

Re: Elbox spider limitations/issues
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 07:04:29 PM »
Quote from: amiadudeorwat;824073
I've never seen anyone report USB ethernet or sound working on the Spider.  If you notice in the hilarious logs there should be a message along the lines of "XX transfer method not supported, bummer".  The only things the Spider is good for is Mass storage devices and input devices like mouse and keyboard.

Thanks, that is what I figured....kinda sucks...

Darren
AmigaOS 4.x Beta Tester - Classic Amiga enthusiast - http://www.hd-zone.com is my Amiga Blog, check it out!