Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A1200T with s-video converter problem  (Read 831 times)

Description:

Offline AminatorTopic starter

• Show only replies by Aminator
A1200T with s-video converter problem
« on: December 19, 2023, 10:05:00 PM »
I have made an amiga rgb to s-video converter because i want to be able to run programs that use native amiga resolutions thru a tv tuner card.
The problem is that i only get black and white picture. The converter also has a composite out and i can get color thru that but the picture quality is worse.

I'm using pinnacle studio pctv tuner card and my amiga is a pal system and so is the converter. I tried to capture the amiga video to my pc with one of those usb capture devices and i can get color there.
I've tried using supertv and the mediator tv programs but it makes no difference.

I made the converter according to this but as a pal version
https://www.everythingamiga.com/2017/02/amiga-rgb-to-s-video-adapter.html

Offline Boing-ball

Re: A1200T with s-video converter problem
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2023, 10:46:53 PM »
So you want to use the PC Tuner as a Poor man’s Flickerfixer. I would double check the tuner card is actually a PAL card. Also stick with SuperTV as the mediator offering aint good. In SuperTV there are settings for the input in the software. Make sure it too is set correctly.

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2023, 11:37:00 PM »
Yes, i feel like that's the only reasonable way for my amiga 1200 tower without setting up multiple monitors.
I have tested this also with ati tv wonder, both cards are PAL.

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2023, 12:34:26 AM »
Yes, i feel like that's the only reasonable way for my amiga 1200 tower without setting up multiple monitors.
I have tested this also with ati tv wonder, both cards are PAL.

I’m surprised you haven’t looked at getting an Individual Computers Indivision Scandoubler Flickerfixer and using a RATTE monitor switcher. This is what I use on my A1200T setup with a Voodoo4. Just put the SwitchControl software in C: and add the line in Startup-sequence to start SwitchControl on startup. Connect both the RTG and Indivision outputs through the RATTE.

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2023, 11:03:47 AM »
The Indivision scandoubler is expensive and i haven't heard of the ratte switcher and don't know where to get one

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2023, 02:24:06 PM »
The Indivision scandoubler is expensive and i haven't heard of the ratte switcher and don't know where to get one

Ratte can be bought here

https://www.amibay.com/threads/ratte-auto-monitor-switches.2443255/page-3#post-2482765

Info on the RATTE

https://www.ikod.se/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Ratte-InstallationGuide.pdf