Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Loosing faith in the Amiga "community", like so many before me  (Read 21654 times)

Description:

Offline z5

• Show all replies
    • http://ada.untergrund.net
@MikeB:

I've always enjoyed your articles on Osnews. While it was obvious that you were a real AmigaOS fan (OS4/DE/AmigaInc), the articles were always very well written. Maybe a bit too positive for my taste (especially about Amiga Inc and their DE).

I have not read the article on Morphos but maybe it was just not such a good idea for you to write an article on something you are not that fond about (judging by the reactions), especially on a site like OSnews. Certainly you should have known that you would receive a lot of criticism, considering that there are "sometimes extremely funny but utterly useless" flamewars going on at ANN nearly every day.

So what? You learn from everything. The "Amiga community" has become very small and bitter, which is no surprise considering all the setbacks, the dissapointments,... Only new machines and a new OS may take away this negativity.

There are still a lot of nice Amiga people, like here on Amiga.org. So don't take it too personal. I have been dissapointed in forums like ANN, but i've learnt to just enjoy the nice and sensible comments and topics. Quite frankly, i don't care much about what people write on Morphos and OS4 anymore. I just wait until and if both products ship. The rest is just speculation, mud throwing and pure waiste of time.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose. And if you do, learn from it and don't make the same "mistake" again.

All the best.
A.miga D.emoscene A.rchive: Relive the dreams...