Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Loosing faith in the Amiga "community", like so many before me  (Read 21655 times)

Description:

Offline MikeBTopic starter

• Show all replies
Loosing faith in the Amiga "community", like so many before me
« on: October 12, 2002, 07:12:53 PM »
I am severely disappointed with so many people within the Amiga community. People have been spreading so much mis-information and lies since Bill and Fleecy bought Amiga for around 4,5 million dollar two years ago, it disgusts me!

Although I am glad to see that AmigaDE, AmigaOS4 and MorphOS teams are making good progress. My recent MorphOS review has brought me to even more insight. When I contacted Thendic-France I got so much uncalled for "confidential" FUD and misinformation attached with regard to other Amiga companies, it truly disgusts me to no end.

Then the personal threats coming from inside the MorphOS team, and when presenting them to the management of bPlan, Thendic, Ralph, does not result in *any* kind of response!

I am fed up with all these childish individuals who have shaped the face of "Amiga" to the outside world for far too long. I am going to stand at the sidelines from  now on. Currently this "community" is no fun for me anymore, and for me personally  that was the most important aspect.

I hope something will change eventually, but considering the enormous efforts in the past geared towards destroying anything positive I severely doubt this.

I am sure there are many people laughing now and thinking "good riddance".  I don't have much to say to them, other than that you deserve eachother and I hope you are lesser pathetic bastards in your ordinary lives.

Finally I would like to thank everyone who has positively contributed to the Amiga community. Personally I will purshase AmigaOS4 and have an eye out for Amiga software for the intent platform. If I will do reviews is still very uncertain, my good intentions will likely be destroyed by trolls anyway.

• Show all replies
Re: Loosing faith in the Amiga "community", like so many before me
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2002, 04:03:41 AM »
Matt "Neko" Sealey,

If the Amiga community was like a delicious sweet cake to me. You were like the fatest worm crawling on top, making me loose my appetite. Your continuous swearing and use of abusive language against anyone with a different opinion, IMO makes you a great match for Ralph inside your MorphOS "team".

With regard to the FUD which the managers of Thendic-France sent me, I know *first hand* it was FUD and misinformation.

1) I did NOT ask for it. It was totally unrelated for what I contacted Bill and Raquel for.

2) If you people felt the need to send this crap to me, then I wonder how many people received such crap without knowng *first hand* these were nothing but lies.

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2002, 09:49:33 AM »
> You *CANNOT* go around purporting that you an
> unbiased journalist with a finger in every pie

I am not a Journalist, never have been, I am a Physical Therapist who also happens to be an AmigaOS fan. (Sometimes I like to code, but in general I think it is dead boring!) At OSNews.com everyone knows this.

> "they stole Amiga intellectual property and at least
> two of their team members are dicks"

Although I haven't said that anywhere, it isn't that far from the truth as how I perceive this personally (Due to factors totally unrelated to Amiga Inc). I hope you guys can sleep at night, maybe that's a reason for the behaviour of certain MorphOS "Team" members.

> But you can't go around writing articles as if you're
> unbiased when you hold *grudges* against those
> parties.

There was no grudge when I wrote that article. I was requesting information from certain involved people, but did not get any information with regard to the issue you are so hung up on (access to AmigaOS source code), regardless of several requests.

> Every time you appear online you accuse bPlan,
> Thendic or MorphOS of theft!

Point me to *one* good  instance where I did!

> It was relevant to your understanding of the
> product and company in question

It did not have any relevance. Thendic-France wanted to have a biased Journalist to their advantage, nothing more and nothing less.

> Do you realise that most of the articles you have
> created contain legitimate cases of libel against
> companies?

Point these articles to me then.
Was it my AmigaOS XL review?, Closer look at new Amiga Systems? or maybe my WinUAE tutorial?

Personally I can point to *thousands* of your postings containing real FUD and misinformation! Hypocrite!

> Since your days on the Team AMIGA mailing list

BTW, never been on the Team AMIGA mailing list before.

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2002, 11:01:38 AM »
Are we talking about the same article here?

A Closer Look at MorphOS on the PEGASOS

Actually I did not do a more in depth article, simply because I did not want to slaughter the efforts of the MorphOS team. During the demonstration the demonstrators must have rebooted the system for over 20 times, this because of crashes or system lock-ups.

I just took Sharwin's word for it, that this was due to a recent software update. I did not focuss much on this fact at all!

I noticed that there is even a growing bias against me, I am actually glad to leave this "community", what a total waste of energy the community has become.

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2002, 12:59:46 PM »
I have no problems with making all my email exchanges with Thendic-France publicly available. But the other party must agree with this as well, as I don't want to lower myself to the level, as for example, like where one of Fleecy's emails was presented publicly without his approval.

With regard to the article I notified Bill and Raquel, as soon as the article went public (as requested). No response followed, but instead after a while Matt "Neko" Sealey was appointed by the core MorphOS development team, as being their spokesman towards me. And he accused me of stating that the MorphOS team has "stolen source tapes" and if I wouldn't change my article bPlan and Thendic can  "kick your ass about it" and that I am "in line for legal action".

Several of my requests for confirmation from bPlan, Thendic-France and Ralph Schmidt resulted in absolutely no reply (While prior Thendic was far too eager to send multiple FUD emails with regard to other companies). This combined with the uncalled for FUD and misinforming emails by Thendic-France, with regard to other Amiga companies made me angry and dissappointed with the current state of the Amiga "community".

Maybe, I have overreacted by leaving everyone behind, as there are still some good people left, as I can see from the emails I am receiving, but that's just the way I feel now about the "community".

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2002, 02:06:01 PM »
@ Fabio

You haven't read my postings careful enough  with regard to those threats. You must have overlooked some text or something, or maybe mis-associated something.

With regard to me being biased, I truly don't understand why you think I would ever have claimed not to be biased.

In fact, I have stated in the past that IMO everyone is biased to some extend. I try not to be, but I and most people know I often write things from an AmigaOS fan perspective.

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2002, 04:57:36 PM »
I will be going to Aachen, and then I will evaluate further what I should do. Thanks to everyone who has been emailing me with your support and advice.

Good bye for now.  :cry:

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2002, 10:35:37 AM »
To all the blind people here,

IMO nobody is completely "unbiased", you can only try too be as much as possible. The fact that someone currently even reviews/previews Amiga products must mean they have a history and opinion.

My MorphOS article was even *too positive* to be entirely unbiased. Anyone comparing their current product with MacOS X or Windows would slaughter it, because the product at this stage is too unstable, lacks compelling features and software support in general.

You guys seem too blind and *biased* to actually understand this.

Yes, I think AmigaOS4 is a good project, from my *AmigaOS fan* point of view, but I see a far greater future for intent personally. Believe me you will *not* find anyone completely unbiased anywhere!!!

I thought I *had* to mention MorphOS' legal status as people working on MorphOS products *have* made legal issues public (i.e. Fleecy's email). Afterwards Bill McEwen did clarify some of this with his public statements. IMO THESE CANNOT BE IGNORED! If Thendic-France didn't want to see this in the public, then they shouldn't have made this public.

Yes, I made a mistake with regard to *one* word, this has changed, I am only human, but I would have expected Bill and Raqual to ask kindly to change this word, if they thought this was needed. They did not, but instead, the choose a Matt Sealey, a person who has insulted me and many people I respect for too many times in the past, to make threats against me.

I have been very clear here, but certain people just seem to ignore the things I have written.

Well maybe many of you will make a great match for Matt and Ralph.

For me, I believe there is a complete lack of values within a very large group of the Amiga community. Without an understanding ear, values, trustfulness, tolerance and respect for eachother, what really makes us human?

• Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2002, 10:43:09 AM »
mips_proc, I have quoted him in my postings, what more do you want me to do, Mister GENIUS?

I mean human, figurely, as in terms of distinction between selfcentered, intolerant, disrespectful, beasts.

• Show all replies
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2002, 12:29:16 PM »
DaveP, don't make such a stupid remark please.

What I said was true, I will re-evaluate if I continue contributing to this "community" after the Aachen show.

However, if people attack me, I may respond regardless if its on Atari.org, Amiga.org, OSNews.com or anywhere else. Is that so hard to understand? I have a feeling you guys are on a *totally* different frequency level.  :-o

• Show all replies
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2002, 12:40:17 PM »
DaveP, IMO your remark was somewhat rude and inconsiderate. My goodbyes, were meant as a positive ending, instead of saying nothing at all.

Somethings you can't understand by reading your Oxford dictionary.

• Show all replies
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2002, 04:01:37 PM »
> This "community" is officially a bloody shambles.

I agree.

It bothers me too much, that we have alot of criminals and FUD/misinformation spreaders among this "community". At least that's why I snapped and leaves me with a very negative humour.

And note that most of the people you named aren't unbiased as well. In fact IMO nobody is completely unbiased, with the likely exception of infants.

• Show all replies
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2002, 04:14:16 PM »
jtsiren wrote:

> I firmly believe that if one wants to write an article
> from a "slaughtering point of view", one could
> easily and with merit do so for both of these
> products

Agreed. Note, that I did not slaughter MorphOS neither AmigaOS4 in my articles, I only said it was easy if someone with a MacOS X or Windows perspective would want to do so. Also note that I have pointed out these disadvantages in my Amiga articles as well.

> I'm sure we could find someone unbiased about
> this issue in particular

I believe you are wrong. Currently only one who would want to do an in depth review or preview are people who have experience with the platform.

Even if there were people without any experience they would still be biased. As for instance they have been using Windows or MacOS. And if they haven't used computers at all they would most likely still be biased, maybe they view computers as useless and so forth.

• Show all replies
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2002, 11:57:21 AM »
I am happy that many people took the time to contact me and show your support. Of course, I now dislike too many people involved in the MorphOS project personally, at least to write any future in depth articles about this OS.

However I am glad to see that Nicholas is now  part of the Thendic team and also Sharwin and Rakesh look like nice fellows. So I wish them all the best, regardless of some  people I view as idiots.