Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PPC is bad bad bad  (Read 34834 times)

Description:

Offline Alkemyst

• Show all replies
Re: PPC is bad bad bad
« on: May 03, 2002, 02:08:16 PM »
(im on of thoose who think the OS is Amiga not the h/w)

wrong as Amiga IS HW

& AmigaOs is SW
PowerTower A1200,060/80Mhz,Heatsink&Fan,66MBRam,PowerFlyerGold,50xCDRomdrive,250Zip,2.1GB&34GB HD,internal Scandoubler & FF,19\\"Monitor,Mediator,Voodoo3-3000,PaceSolo 56k ,PortJnr2,ZEKeys-XS,SMON ,Os3.9

Offline Alkemyst

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2002, 01:07:05 PM »
i dont know why ppl are still arguing about ppc & x86.

the path has been chosen & there is nothing any of us can do about it atm.

just like fighting over wich party is in power , you make your vote & thats it you have to wait 4 to
5 years in the uk to change
the ppl in power.

it no good missing the deadline to vote then start moaning about the ppl in power you had your chance
but like alot of ppl cant be botherd to get of there ass & vote. then a week after moan & say that
75% population who satt on there asses  wanted the other party.

& even if that were true the 75% would not be able to change the ppl in power untill the next time.
so you end up with ppl in power that only 25% of the ppl wanted.

its not the 25% ppls fault but the fault of the 75% who should of cast there vote when they had the
chance.

now as far ppl saying that amiga should of gone x86 this time around, its too late you should of
spoken up much sooner.
many amiga ppl knew for a very long time that amiga had a 80% chance of going ppc, as phase5 made
amigappc cards.

its seems to me that most of the for x86 ppl have not been keeping an eye on the amiga scene & have
been spending most of there time on windows & linux, thinking that the amiga is dead.

then amiga.inc,eyetech.hyperion, & others start to do things again, then the amigaone/aos4 is
announced

& still no word from the x86 ppl they dont keep up on the amiga scence.

then things move on to point where that things look like it may be really happening & its not just
vapor & then non amiga sites start to mention whats going on & there will most likelly be new amiga
products, so the x86 ppl get wind of that
& go & see what the new amiga & os spec is & then think oh damn its not useing a x86 as i had hoped,
or even if it was useing x86 would then moan that its a custom mobo useing x86 & that they wanted to
use amigaos on the x86 mobo they already have.

so then they flood into forums & try to give valid reasons why amiga should go x86 & not ppc, weather
they are right or wrong does not matter, they are to late this time around.

just like when apple had to move on from the 68k. i bet if most of the apple users asked for x86 at
the time before thing were set in stone, they most likely would of gotten it. even tho it would of
been a custom apple x86 computer.

all things change over time 68k,x86,ppc,arm,sparc, ..ect will not be around for ever, even if the
name stays the same the chip in years to come will be compleatly different.

just make sure that when its time to move cpu or anyother matter with amigaOs again, that your around
to cast your views when it matters & not after.
PowerTower A1200,060/80Mhz,Heatsink&Fan,66MBRam,PowerFlyerGold,50xCDRomdrive,250Zip,2.1GB&34GB HD,internal Scandoubler & FF,19\\"Monitor,Mediator,Voodoo3-3000,PaceSolo 56k ,PortJnr2,ZEKeys-XS,SMON ,Os3.9

Offline Alkemyst

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2002, 10:08:12 AM »
>>As a former Amiga Dealer, Authorized Newtek reseller, Authorized Scala developer, believe me when I say there was a time when there was no platform that could realistically touch the Amiga's capabilities.

&  thats exactly why his comment has 0 value to users as he was in the money side of amiga & not the users side.
so ofcores the amiga is dead in his view as its much harder to make money from it anymore.

as soon as he cant make money from a platform anymore its dead for him even if the only reason is that ppl dont want the product line he is selling anymore.

but some one else productline for that platform may be selling verywell.

& again what are you trying to again buy knocking us for wanting ppc.

you asume way too much about the reasons for ppl stick with Amiga through virtualy anything.

i have nothing against pc HW in its self.

the fact that you just keep ignoring is the path was chosen years again with the PPC cards if they were x86 cards then Amiga would be going PC x86.

its phase5 who chose ppc no one else so you should blame them not us.

im going to buy an Aone cos thats all that is on offer if they had a x86 amiga i would most likely get that.

i will support amiga in anyway i can i dont care what cpu they use but i would be no help in just moaning & not buying anything on offer cos it aint got the cpu i want.

that would kill it real fast.