Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Windows Phone 7 wins Operating System of WM the Year 2011 award on WMPower site  (Read 2260 times)

Description:

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
Re: Windows Phone 7 wins Operating System of WM the Year 2011 award on WMPower site
« Reply #14 from previous page: November 27, 2011, 05:39:38 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;669227
I was at the HTC Titan launch party so got to play with Win7 phone for the first time a few months ago. I have to say it does deserve some credit for not falling into the iPhone style of user interface, but as an iPhone user for the past 4 years, I found it a struggle to come to terms with, my mind doesn't flow the way Win7Phone does and I found it awkward to use.

I think it wouldn't be such a problem though, if it was your first smart phone... But without a fully mature Ecosystem, why would someone choose the Win7phone platform?

That's how I feel about Win 7 Phone handsets as well, but also like yourself I've been an iPhone user for 3+ years, so Win7 Phone seems a bit alien.

That being said, they have made great strides in regards to getting apps on the handsets, but still have low numbers (40,000 apps) compared to either Android or iOS.

I've always said the motto for Win Phone 7 handsets should be "A great first smartphone for your Grandma", lol.  That being said, they are quite intuitive and simple - which is exactly what puts off power users to some degree.

Offline huronking

• Show only replies by huronking
I was curious and read about the Windows phone platform (even though the M$ OS on the Samsung Jack was the worst I'd ever owned) and found a concensus that if you owned a Zune HD Touch (which I do) then you had a pretty good introduction to the Windows phone.

Well, I hate the interface of the Zune Touch.

I wouldn't bet on the Windows phone platform being around in the long term, my money's on Android- and the iPhone will linger for those too independent and creative to consider anything else.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 11:45:23 PM by huronking »