Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I want to develop a GUI for HAMP player but I need help...  (Read 2831 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaClassicRuleTopic starter

• Show only replies by AmigaClassicRule
I want to develop a GUI for HAMP player but I need help...
« on: April 15, 2013, 01:05:04 AM »
I want to develop a full functioning GUI front end for HAMP.RUN using AmiBlitz but I need help from the main author of HAMP himself. One thing, I need to ask if he is willing to work with me in getting the front GUI interface functioning and possible?

I want to know if there are parameters for HAMP.RUN that allows the person to pause the movie, to rewind the movie, fast forward the movie, allow the movie to play in windows screen and be re-sizable by windows and if there are parameters within HAMP.RUN itself to allow me to do that. If there is not, that the author of HAMP.RUN is willing to work with me to add these features and then I will be able to integrate them into my GUI application.

In the end I want the user to have the GUI and HAMP.RUN and HAMPAGA.RUN integrated into one package. That the user can simply click Update to update the latest version and features of HAMP.RUN as well as the GUI. If the author of HAMP.RUN is willing to work with me and help me get my dream GUI application into reality...then I can work on this immediately. I will be developing this using AmiBlitz 3.5 in my A1200 itself.

Offline nicholas

Re: I want to develop a GUI for HAMP player but I need help...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 05:34:03 PM »
Why is this "news"?
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 08:06:56 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;732080
Why is this "news"?

Because I was looking for an appropriate forum about programming and I clicked it...a day later I discovered it was under category of news and it was a bit too late for me to retract it. So that now it is here...can the author of HAMP.RUN help me? Though to be honest I was shocked the admin allowed it to be post it...I thought I was expecting a PM from them saying this is not news. O_O

Offline magnetic

• Show only replies by magnetic
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 03:18:17 AM »
Good luck with this the developer from new york i think seems very willing to help. This program really showcases amigas talents even til this day a GUI would be really choice. Also a HAM 8 mode
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs

Offline paul1981

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 12:58:11 AM »
Quote from: AmigaClassicRule;732030
I want to know if there are parameters for HAMP.RUN that allows the person to pause the movie

AFAIK HAMP.RUN was superceded by HAMNEW.RUN which enabled 336x240 HAM6 video. You can also pause and un-pause the video by clicking the RMB, and to quit the video early press the LMB.
HAMAGA.RUN also has those same features but using HAM8 instead. There are no command parameters as it stands, and one feature I'd really like is a variable (larger) buffer to help with playback.

I experimented myself with it and the HAM8 videos are near enough impossible to play back on real Amiga hardware. My machine just managed it but the hard drive light never goes out. Where does one upload .HV videos BTW? :)

Offline NovaCoder

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 07:50:00 AM »
Quote from: paul1981;732183

I experimented myself with it and the HAM8 videos are near enough impossible to play back on real Amiga hardware. My machine just managed it but the hard drive light never goes out. Where does one upload .HV videos BTW? :)

How fast is your HD transfer rate (SysInfo)?

Also, which file system do you use?
Life begins at 100 MIPS!

Nice Ports on AmiNet!

Offline paul1981

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 02:51:10 PM »
Quote from: NovaCoder;732198
How fast is your HD transfer rate (SysInfo)?

Also, which file system do you use?

RSCP about 8,300 K/s (Sequential test)
SysSpeed Rawread 7.41 MB/s
SysSpeed3.15 (very old version) 13,107,200 Bytes/s
http://www.amiga.org/gallery/index.php?n=3721

Last time I tried a newer SysInfo, the raw read test crashed my computer.

Not sure which tool is giving the most accurate result, but I think it's fair to say 8MB/s raw read. Why on earth no two programs can agree I have no idea.

I'm using SFS on this machine (FastATA MkIII, 80GB 2.5" HDD, Apollo 060/80MHz), and it plays the HAM8 video without any stutter/slowdown.
PFS may be better, but it's SFS and it's served me well (SFS) for years.
The video in question by the way is 336x177 25FPS HAM8...a film trailer for Fast & Furious 6 I've converted.

I made an identical HAM6 version as well, and my ACA1232/33Mhz with PFS and 40GB 2.5" HDD (onboard IDE) plays the HAM6 version no bother, but the HAM8 version it just won't do.
Weird thing is, throw it a HAM6 video that's a higher resolution than the HAM8 equivalent (larger filesize, but same FPS and audio and length) and it plays it fine...despite the filesize being significantly larger than the AGA filesize (which stutters badly when playing on my 030 setup).
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 02:54:46 PM by paul1981 »

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 07:29:40 PM »
Here is the thing. The program is developed using assembly language. Right now, this moment, I don't know nothing about assembly language. What I want to do...is take the source code of HAM.RUN in assembly and integrate it into my AmiBlitz project and turn it into a function routine with parameters. One parameter would be true/false variable where if the person hits spacebar it pauses or unpause the movie. The second parameter would take float variable and based on the scroll bar value being dragged by the user's mouse it would fast foreword or rewind back the movie. Another parameter would be true/false for stopping the movie all together and returning it back to zero...so when the person plays the movie it plays it back from the beginning. It will have other parameter for holding the name of the movie file when the person selects it from the file prompt dialog box...etc...etc.

We will have another function for the AGA version of the movie. What I want to do in the program I will be developing is it will check whether the movie is AGA or not and compare it with your hardware custom chipset. If your computer is not AGA and it is attempting to play an AGA movie an appropriate error message will come up. I also want to add the ability to watch movie in windows mode...where you can drag the window around as the movie is played....you can shrink or maximize the window or even hit in full screen mode. The main core of HAM.RUN will be integrated inside that GUI like VLC player for example and therefore you will never need to go to shell mode, type name of movie and be forced to watch the movie in full screen all the time.

But all of this cannot happen without the help of the author of HAMP.RUN to work with me and assist me in the way....I don't know his code and maybe there are things I am doing wrong that can help me out. If he is willing by the way...what I can do is prepare the GUI already in advance and send him the source code...then he can integrate that interface into his assembly program for HAMP.RUN. If he agrees let him tell me now so I can work on the GUI ASAP.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 07:33:35 PM by AmigaClassicRule »