Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: EvilRich Assigned to TeamAROS Bounty #7, EUAE Integration  (Read 4537 times)

Description:

Offline BigBenAussie

• Show all replies
Re: EvilRich Assigned to TeamAROS Bounty #7, EUAE Integratio
« on: November 08, 2007, 03:25:23 PM »
IMHO he'd be mad to any AROS hacking.

I think he should just create a method of utilising the UAE screen buffer, to "greenscreen" the real AmigaOS desktop background and superimpose desktop elements of the real AmigaOS desktop over AROS Wanderer.
There's no reason he couldn't establish a protocol or API for this to work on all other E-UAE capable OSes like Linux, MorphOS or OS4.

He may need to run an app on the real AmigaOS to establish a communication mechanism to adjust the real AmigaOS's visual implementation and call apps as required. You don't want to start multiple UAEs, but just have one. Later he can put some smarts into this real AmigaOS app to merge it seemlessly with the host OS (for instance to run inside hosted windows).

Such a method is used by Mac Virtualisation software and has been coined the term "coherence".

Down the track, if the AROS68k version becomes fully 68k compatable you might think of calling x86 routines to speed up classic apps. While I don't know the state of the AROS68k version I would imagine that this scenario is way into the distant future.

Ok. Going back to my happy place now.