Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: EvilRich Assigned to TeamAROS Bounty #7, EUAE Integration  (Read 4514 times)

Description:

Offline Einstein

• Show all replies
Re: EvilRich Assigned to TeamAROS Bounty #7, EUAE Integratio
« on: November 06, 2007, 02:42:19 PM »
Wouldn't this intergration trap and translate Kickstart calls to the OS's version?

Yes, but more than that, it must also "trap" poking/peeking of OS structures since application programming under AmigaOS relies/relied quite alot on that.
I have spoken !

Offline Einstein

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 04:52:21 PM »
You don't want to start multiple UAEs, but just have one.

No one said apps should run in their own instances (unless they take over the virtual Amiga).
I have spoken !

Offline Einstein

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 05:46:51 PM »
As I wrote, no one said (wrote) anything about multiple instances of EUAE, *unless* the second/third/fourth.. emulated app would *take over* the virtual (emulated) Amiga, or are you fine with seeing the other apps "sleep" when the "offending" app says "hello" ?
I have spoken !

Offline Einstein

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 09:19:45 PM »
:laughing:
I have spoken !

Offline Einstein

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 02:36:11 PM »
@BigBenAussie

It's not that no one has thought about "your" method, the problem is the level of integration this would provide, how would you "greenscreen" out the emulated AmigaOS desktop elements (affectively layers) and "superimpose" those elements (layers) AND integrate those into the host windowing system (every layer must apperar to be a native one) without hacking/patching the emulated KS/OS ?

If you look at Georg's (the AROS dev that did something similar) "greenscreen" method then look specifically at 0:01:05 when he clicks the depth gadget, the window only goes to the rear of the UEA/AmigaOS instance windows, NOT to the rear of host windows, this gives you a fact, with this method all UAE/AmigaOS windows (layers) are only one single "alpha-blended" layer in the host OS.
I have spoken !