Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Inc Back!? Blackberry apps  (Read 4159 times)

Description:

Offline pwermonger

• Show all replies
Re: Amiga Inc Back!? Blackberry apps
« on: September 21, 2012, 12:25:55 AM »
It was probably done on Playbook becasue that runs an OS based on QNX, the same OS Amiga was using, IIRC, for the basis for their DE.

Amusingly Team 17 has a remake of Alien Breed for iOS thats pretty good. It includes the original Amiga levels as well as new content and the controls are a bit updated, with two virtual joysticks you can move and fire in different directions.

The Blackberry Playbook games are exact to the Amiga games, with the on screen virtual joystick made to look very CD32 Competition pro like, and a fire button on the right instead of second joystick.

Yes, as you can tell I bought them for both, any chance to hace Amiga games on my person to play anytime I want is taken gladly especially at these low prices.

Offline pwermonger

• Show all replies
Re: Amiga Inc Back!? Blackberry apps
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 03:46:21 PM »
Thats right, Tao was licensed for Amiga DE. QNX was earlier when Gateway was actually still working on a new Amiga OS for PowerPC processor based boards before they ran from the project to hide in their cow print boxes and hope no one wanted hamburgers.

Now, Blackberry is hopeing to release phones based on QNX next year, which their Playbook is already based on.