Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaKit.com reaches its 10 year anniversary!  (Read 4524 times)

Description:

Offline amigakitTopic starter

AmigaKit.com reaches its 10 year anniversary!
« on: June 23, 2014, 07:12:21 PM »
Way back in June 2004, AmigaKit.com opened it's doors to its first customers.  We are very pleased to reach the 10th anniversary of the launch and would like to make a special thank you to all who has supported us through the last decade!

The small remaining Amiga market is not an easy place to trade and there have been many challenges over the last 10 years.  We hope to achieve even more for the Amiga and our customers in the next 10 years.

A Special Message To Our Long Standing Customers

There is a core group of customers worldwide that have ordered from us regularly since 2004 to the present day.  This seems a good occasion to express our sincerest gratitude.  We would like to thank them for their orders and keeping AmigaKit going through the good times and the more challenging times.   As a celebration of this event, we would ask any of these customers to contact us if you are placing an order in the very near future so we can offer you a loyalty discount on any items you may need.

A Brief History of AmigaKit

In 2004, the Amiga reseller scene was going through a lot of change,  several retailers across the world either closed down or faded away.  Store website inventories were no longer being updated or domains being renewed, and slowly one by one, the choice for consumers dwindled away.

AmigaKit was established as a full time business to help in some way buck the trend and provided a professional reliable service to Amiga users worldwide where they can obtain their Amiga products and services without paying over inflated prices in well known auction websites.  We established a full time technical support service to provide after sales support and help customers with installation queries.

We started developing our own software in-house such as OS-Install, EasyNet and EasyADF and continue to produce software to this day, including the new AMIStore for A-EON Technology.

In 2006, AmigaKit purchased the remaining inventory from Eyetech and the Amiga product range grew in size, so we moved into new offices in Cardiff.   For the very first time, we visited the famous Amiwest show in California and met the many customers there that were up to that point, just names on our system and not faces and personalities.  Exhibiting at shows became a long standing tradition for us from this point.  Attending conventions and shows always is costly but at the same time it is rewarding to personally speak to our customers and build friendships on many occasions.

In 2008, the remaining inventory of High Street Micro was also acquired.  One of the problems we found was that there were no new product being manufactured so we had to re-invest our revenues into sponsoring hardware and software projects and encouraging hardware development.  Several products were a result of this scheme including the popular products such as the ZorRAM and MAS Player evolution.  Most recently we have diversified into manufacturing Amiga joysticks such as the Arcade Evolution joystick.

In 2009, we took on another full time technician so that we had more capacity for Amiga repairs, servicing and in-house hardware projects.  One of the first tasks of the year was to prepare for the AmigaONE X1000 project which we were only involved in from a reseller point of view.  Later on in late 2010, our role changed and we had to help get the project back on track.

By 2012, it was clear we needed a large building and the opportunity came around to buy a property a mile away from our offices.  It required a lot of renovation to meet our requirements and the building work presented many challenges during the six months.  Once this was complete we slowly migrated our operations and inventory from old building to the new during the summer months.

What is next for the AmigaKit project?

Our business would not exist without our loyal customers, so the most important relationship is with all the Amiga fans out there.  We will continue to support them with technical help and visit computer shows around the world putting faces to names.

Our continued partnership with many hardware suppliers and partners will produce new Classic Amiga and Next Generation Amiga projects.  If customer continue to vote with their wallets and buy these new products, our suppliers can continue to expand their resources for many more new exciting products in the future.

We have already made plans and are committed to producing and sponsoring more software projects and working together with other companies in the Amiga market to make the Amiga a more successful computer platform.   Here's to another decade!

Messages from our business partners:

I would like to congratulate Matthew and AmigaKit for 10 years of service to the Classic and Next-Generation Amiga community. I was customer of AmigaKit and Matthew long before we became friends and business partners. In 2005 AmigaKit built my first A1-XE AmigaOS 4 system and shortly after my first Pegasos II MorphOS system. Although I used other suppliers, Amigakit was always my first port of call for all my Amiga spares, consumables and repairs. We even collaborated on several special Classic Amiga projects which included an experimental multi-booting Amiga 4000 tower system which at the time supported AmigaOS3.9, a pre-release beta version of AmigOS4.0 Classic and MorphOS PowerUp. In my experience AmigaKit's service and reliability has always been first class and I had no hesitation in selecting Matthew and his team when we were looking for distribution partners for the new AmigaONE X1000 back in 2010. All that remains to be said is congratulation on reaching your 10th anniversary, here's to the next ten years.
 Trevor Dickinson, co-founder, A-EON Technology

AmigaKit has been a reliable partner from the very start. They don't just move boxes, but provide real added value with their service. I've gotten to know the people behind AmigaKit at a number of Amiga shows, and I also met their families. We've always had a great time, and I'm looking forward to more meetings and continued solid business. Here's to the next ten years!
Jens Schoenfeld, Individual Computers

E3B has been in business relationship with Amigakit now for over five years now. Several projects, like the ZorRAM or the new PRISMA sound card, were developped and produced in close cooperation, always with the goal in mind to get customer tailor made solutions for the Amiga community.  Of course, things were not always easy, and working together while being separated by some thousand kilometers, with beta tester sitting all around the world, can be demanding - all project so far did suceed, and this seems to prove we are on the right way.  We hope to continue this relationship also for the future and congratulate for 10 years in business!
 Michael Boehmer, E3B

Congratulations on your 10th anniversary! AmigaKit and its team always stood for Competence and Trust, and I look forward to the next 10 years of activity.
Mike Battilana, Cloanto
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 08:39:30 PM by amigakit »
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: AmigaKit.com reaches its 10th anniversary!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 07:46:46 PM »
As one of those customers who has purchased thousands of dollars of gear and software from AmigaKit for many years, first for my huge Classic Amiga collection, and now for my X1000 system, I can only repeat what others have said about your excellent selection and customer service.  AmigaKit is always the first place I look to when trying to fill any of my Amiga hardware or software needs.

Congratulations on your first 10 years and here is hoping that you will enjoy many more successful decades of sales and support for the Amiga community.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 08:06:00 PM »
Got my SAM from you folks in 2008 I believe it was, and had pretty good luck with you since - grats and best wishes for the future.

Offline HammerD

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 08:40:01 PM »
AmigaKit, congrats! It's very helpful to have you supporting the Amiga community, don't plan on retiring soon :)
AmigaOS 4.x Beta Tester - Classic Amiga enthusiast - http://www.hd-zone.com is my Amiga Blog, check it out!

Offline rockape

• Show only replies by rockape
    • http://lincsamiga.org.uk/
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 08:41:01 PM »
Hi Matthew,

Well done mate.

Lincs Amiga User Group aka LAG have shopped with you and had no complaints.

Best wishes and happy trading from LAG

Regards, Michael

aka rockape
"A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to \'Their Country\' for an amount of \'up to and including their life\'.

Offline AmiKit

Re: AmigaKit.com reaches its 10 year anniversary!
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 08:41:38 PM »
Congrats!

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 10:47:51 PM »
seriously has 10 years already passed ?? big time congrats guys:pint: :banana::pint::banana::pint::drink: :banana:

the few times new hardware let me down you guys fixed it and got my miggies back up & running happily:knuddel:
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline Rob

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 11:02:27 PM »
Congratulations on making it through the first ten years.

Offline don27dog

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2014, 11:49:16 PM »
Congrats !!! and THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amiga 4000D Cyberstorm PPC 150Mhz, 68060 50 Mhz, 128Meg Ram, IndivisionAGA, Deneb USB Controller, Zorram 256, Os3.9/Os4.0 Classic
Amiga 3000T Warp Engine 4040, Elbox FastATA Controller, Progressive Perpherals ProRam3000 64Meg, Mediator, VoodooIII, Os3.9

Offline carvedeye

• Show only replies by carvedeye
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2014, 11:58:02 PM »
Congrats AmgaKit...we love you :)
A1200T: M1230XA 50Mhz 68030 w/64mb,DVDRom, 80gb hdd, Realtek LAN Card, Mediator LT4 + Radeon 9250 128mb(used for fast ram), Spider USB Card, Voodoo 3 3000 OS 3.9 +bb 1-3

Offline anachronicus

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by anachronicus
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 12:24:20 AM »
Congratulations AmigaKit! And a very sincere thank you from a very happy customer!
Anachronicus
-------------------
A1200 Power tower/ZIV busboard cybervision 3d mkii
A1200 ACA 1231, Indivision MK2 AGA
AT 4000T, missing cpu card, working condition unknown
A500 with scant signs of life
CUSA C64x Deluxe
Various and sundry Windows boxes

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2014, 12:45:19 AM »
Cheers!  Have a few more dancing bananas!  ;)

:banana::banana::banana::banana:
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline giZmo350

• Lifetime Member
  • Gulfport, Miss
    • Show only replies by giZmo350
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2014, 01:00:22 AM »
Party on Rock Lobster-Heads! If it were not for AmigaKit and Amiga.org I wouldn't be listening to Blue Oyster Cult on CD right now on my A1200 - CheerZ! Now where did I set down that Monday night PINT?! :pint:Here's to another 10 years!
A500: 2MB Chip, 8MB Fast, IndiECS, MiniMegi, IDE4ZorroII on Z-500, KS1.3/KS3.1, WB3.1&BWB

A2000HD: 2MB Chip, 128MB Fast, P5:Blizz 2060@50MHz, PCD-50B/4GBCF, XSurf100, RapidRoad, IndiECS, Matze RTG, MiniMegi, CD-RW, SunRize AD516, WB3.9

A1200: 2MB Chip, 64MB Fast, 4GBCF, GVP Typhoon 030 @40MHz w/FPU, Subway USB, EasyNet Ethernet, Indi AGA MKI, FastATA MK-IV, Internal Slim CD/DVD-RW, WB3.5

Surfing The Web With AMIGA Is Fun Again!

Offline Steady

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2014, 01:32:49 AM »
Wow! I can't believe it's been 10 years already. Congratulations. It's so good to see some people make a living off of Amiga. I wish you many more years of success!

Offline amoskodare

• Show only replies by amoskodare
    • http://m4rko.com/amiga
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2014, 02:13:26 AM »
@AmigaKit

Congrats!! :)

:pint:
C128 + Action Replay, A500+ (KS1.3/KS2.0), A1200, A1200/040, Amiga Forever 2008+09+2016, Amiga Future subscriber, Nokia N900 (Maemo 5), 5 x86/x64 boxes
AmigaOS 4.1 FEu1 on Sam440ep-flex/800MHz/1GB RAM/Radeon 9250 :afro:
AOS4.1 FE Update 1 for Classic (on WinUAE PPC)
m4rko.com/AMIGA