Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: wii 2  (Read 1317 times)

Description:

Offline digiflipTopic starter

• Show only replies by digiflip
wii 2
« on: May 26, 2011, 05:13:04 PM »
from rumours have read its going be like respun xbox 360 chipset newer xenon (tri core power pc) and ATI/AMD radeon gfx,  maybe bluray but just for games.
Neptuno, Ultimate MiSTer, vidor Replay, a500+ pistorming, a1200 stock, V4 SA

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show only replies by TheBilgeRat
Re: wii 2
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 05:16:55 PM »
Quote from: digiflip;640410
maybe bluray but just for games.

See, I hate this crap.  The tech is cheap enough and off the shelf to do cart based systems again (CF Cards in a plasticky shell).  Carts last a whole helluva lot longer than stupid CDs or blu-Rays.

BRING BACK THE CARTS NINTENDO!

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 07:16:54 PM »
I'm with you. Discs suck just as tapes sucked! Hence the reason I don't buy a game console unless I can store and run all the games from a Hard Drive or some sort of compact flash device. And no, I'm not a fan of Cloud either! I want to own my games, not order them to be streamed from a server.
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline Speelgoedmannetje

• Show only replies by Speelgoedmannetje
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 07:34:25 PM »
Quote from: XDelusion;640434
I'm with you. Discs suck just as tapes sucked! Hence the reason I don't buy a game console unless I can store and run all the games from a Hard Drive or some sort of compact flash device. And no, I'm not a fan of Cloud either! I want to own my games, not order them to be streamed from a server.
If they would have put a floppy case around the cd it would have been extremely reliable (no direct sunlight, no scratches, and unlike normal floppies immune to magnetic fields).
Anyway, the game console I use the most is my old modded xbox 1, with a 500 meg harddisk. It also makes an outstanding media center (if not a bit outdated by now with no bluray support)
And the canary said: \'chirp\'

Offline kedawa

• Show only replies by kedawa
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 07:23:22 AM »
The specs really aren't the selling point for this thing.  Nintendo is all about gimmicks now.  Touch screens and video streaming on each controller sound interesting, but I'm not sure what kind of killer app that could have.
I predict some sort of augmented reality hide and go seek.

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 04:36:43 AM »
Port OS4 or MorphOS to this puppy and GO!
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"