Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Installing 3.2 on UAE problem with Locale3.2.adf file  (Read 1991 times)

Description:

Offline bradhansen1Topic starter

• Show all replies
Installing 3.2 on UAE problem with Locale3.2.adf file
« on: June 17, 2021, 11:55:30 PM »
Hello All, received my copy of AmigaOS 3.2 and transferred ADF files to a thumb dive and
using them to install AmigaOS 3.2 on UAE. Updating over an A1200 3.1.4 installation,
Installer works find until it get to asking for the "Amiga Locale" file. The installer can't
recognize the Locale3.2.adf file.  the Locale file ADF given with the standard install adf"s
isn't recognized and the one included with all the other countries, Locale-EN is also not recognized.
Had a similar issue when installing to a real issue but it got resolved.  But this won't be.
Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Brad Hansen

• Show all replies
Re: Installing 3.2 on UAE problem with Locale3.2.adf file
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 06:49:55 PM »
Hi, and thanks for the advice. But when thinking back about the issue when it occurred on my
real Amiga, I realized it was the same issue on both Real and UAE installs. On my real Amiga the
problem occurred when I tried to upgrade over an existing install. In that case a 3.1 installation.
on the UAE it was over a 3.1.4 installation but the same issue. I solved the issue on my real Amiga
but installing on a newly Formatted drive. So I will not try that on the UAE.
Brad Hansen

• Show all replies
Re: Installing 3.2 on UAE problem with Locale3.2.adf file
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 07:31:31 PM »
Okay, So here is how I resolved the issue.  I was running my Amiga Systems with my DH0: drive as "System"
Reformatted and named the drive "Workbench" and everything went off without a hitch.
Brad Hansen