Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New A-EON Music Card for Classic Amigas  (Read 46408 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show all replies
Re: New A-EON Sound Card for Classic Amigas
« on: October 21, 2013, 12:25:56 AM »
Quote from: kickstart;750628
New hardware for real amigas are always welcome, but i dont see the point of a soundcard at this times... and will see the prices.

Actually what I really wanted to see is a brand new 68k CPU upgrade. If physically possible and could be done to upgrade the CPU speed from 50 Mhz and even the avoided overclocked 100 Mhz to something like real 100 Mhz to 200 Mhz. If 68k can go as fast as 500 Mhz...it would be an awesome welcome....this way with such speed it will give a decent freedom to implement more complex and CPU consuming software and/or applications.

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 05:12:07 AM »
Quote from: NovaCoder;750642
Yes that's correct, at least they are doing something for us Classic users and should be thanked for the effort.

I assume AmigaKit had rather a strong influence on this project ;)

Hopefully it will be a successful project and they'll produce some new bits in the future.

Not sure exactly how this would fit inside an A1200 desktop, I guess big box Amiga's are the target audience.

Good because I am ordering an A4000D and will find an accelerator to turn it into a 68060 running at 100 Mhz speed. This card will be nice to have inside the machine.

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 01:27:09 AM »
Quote from: NovaCoder;750742
The Ogg/FLAC decoding would come in very handy for both ScummVM and my SDL Mixer, how do you interface to them, is there going to provide some kind of library?

Also, can this card fit into an A1200 desktop?

Are libraries important for Amiga hardware?

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 03:00:30 AM »
Quote from: amigakit;750748
@NovaCoder

Please contact me separately about development opportunities.  Ian is currently developing the prisma.library and we would value your feedback at this stage of development.

Guys I am practicing as an Amiga classic game developer...I am working my way from AMOS to AmiBlitz and will be releasing games (for free) in aminet all the time.  AmigaKit...if I do an excellent job developing high quality games would you consider hiring me as a game/software developer for classic Amiga?

I know nothing of AmigaOS 4.1 but I will do my best to be excellent as a software/game developer for classic Amiga :)