Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Looking for Dealers/Service in Wisconsin...  (Read 5111 times)

Description:

Offline Olecranon

• Show all replies
Re: Looking for Dealers/Service in Wisconsin...
« on: May 13, 2006, 07:12:57 AM »
Hi Fester,

I live near Eau Claire Wis.  Good to see another somewhat local person here.  Raymond Commodore Amiga is the shop in Minneapolis, MN.  Unfortunately I dont think he will be much help for what your doing with the A1200 tower. I was in his shop a few months ago and the place is a disaster.  He had Amiga and old commodore 8-bit parts stacked on top of eachother in every corner of the store along with machines that were half ripped apart.  I saw lots of broken A500s, C64s, and A2000s.  Didn't see a single high-end component, A1200, A4000, or even an A3000.  He doesn't return email, and his web site hasn't been updated for years.

Honestly, I'm not sure if I would trust any shops in the United States for new, high end components.  The shops in Europe seem to be much more professional, keep their sites updated, and actually have inventory.  My guess is that its pretty hard to make a living selling Amiga items here in the states.  The people running shops here are doing it on the side.  (now I hope some US shop comes behind me and post that I'm wrong)

Offline Olecranon

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 04:18:08 PM »
Yep, here is the web address.

www.visi.com/~raycomp/

Email: raycomp@visi.com

Offline Olecranon

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 05:15:23 AM »
I will most likely visit Raymond Computer on Monday. It's the closest I've found and Ray responded to my emails in record-fast time.

Good luck with that Fester.  You'll have to post your "experience".