Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What kind of gamer are you?  (Read 8064 times)

Description:

Offline Hattig

• Show only replies by Hattig
Re: What kind of gamer are you?
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2011, 01:36:29 PM »
I love playing 'System Update' and 'Game Update' on my PS3. By the time these are done, there's no time for playing games. It used to be that you could grab ten minutes here and there with gaming...

Offline Khephren

• Show only replies by Khephren
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2011, 01:45:09 PM »
Quote from: A1260;631811
Nowdays its the ps3, it is just great... playing games on pc i have given up on. you always need to upgrade it, i am tired of it..... amiga games and other retro games, been there done that for years and i feel i am pretty much finnished with that.  yup as for now its ps3 all the way, its where it all is happening in gaming now days and it is very interestng. the multiplayer games are booming and co-op online with friends its where it all happen :)

It's also nice, because they upgrade their skills and engines, rather than saying 'update your PC'.

A nice knock on effect (for me,anyway): Now the PC is no longer calling the shots, PC games will run on the same spec as you had a few years ago, because consoles dictate the pace of change. This means i'm playing on my PC again for the first time in years.

Offline A1260

• Show only replies by A1260
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 01:48:08 PM »
Quote from: brenry;631743
Gaymers are Lamers!

running demos and listening to retro remixes is funner.

with that comment your more gay than any gaymers :)

retro remixes i listen to in the early 2000, but always did go back to the originals and ended up deleting the retromixes becouse they was not worth my time. so newer bothered with retromixes again ever since.

as for demos every ps3 games kills everything ever made with the c64/amiga and pc. so why bother?... i dont anymore... demos is something of the past now days and pretty boring. in ps3 games i interact with all these great technical demo effects everyday. thats much more enjoyable :)

Offline Khephren

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 01:53:24 PM »
Quote from: A1260;631816
with that comment your more gay than any gaymers :)

retro remixes i listen to in the early 2000, but always did go back to the originals and ended up deleting the retromixes becouse they was not worth my time. so newer bothered with retromixes again ever since.

as for demos every ps3 games kills everything ever made with the c64/amiga and pc. so why bother?... i dont anymore... demos is something of the past now days and pretty boring. in ps3 games i interact with all these great technical demo effects everyday. thats much more enjoyable :)

Well....if you have an interest in how far old hardware can be pushed, and technical skill, they are still cool. also if you want to watch rather than play.  But your right, every nextgen system provides interactive graphics of a higher level.

Offline A1260

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2011, 01:58:14 PM »
Quote from: Khephren;631815
It's also nice, because they upgrade their skills and engines, rather than saying 'update your PC'.

A nice knock on effect (for me,anyway): Now the PC is no longer calling the shots, PC games will run on the same spec as you had a few years ago, because consoles dictate the pace of change. This means i'm playing on my PC again for the first time in years.

there will always be a few pc games that is calling the shot and force you to upgrade, games like crysis... anyway i have given up pc nowdays its only for websurfing,email etc... when you sit infront of the computer all day at work, i dont fancy spending time on it when i am home. its much more relaxing with the ps3 in the living room, watch some movies, have a video chat with a friend/send messages. then just put in that disc, the game startup with no hassle at all and joine a game with friends... its great :)

Offline tone007

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2011, 01:59:00 PM »
I don't actually play games, I just use them to test hardware.
3 Commodore file cabinets, 2 Commodore USB turntables, 1 AmigaWorld beer mug
Alienware M14x i7 laptop running AmigaForever

Offline A1260

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2011, 02:08:25 PM »
Quote from: Khephren;631817
Well....if you have an interest in how far old hardware can be pushed, and technical skill, they are still cool. also if you want to watch rather than play.  But your right, every nextgen system provides interactive graphics of a higher level.

these old machines have been pushed to the max along time ago. there aint much to see anymore sadly, than just sit there and remember old times and a great time it was. but i am finished with that, been there done that you know... :)

yes every nextgen system provides interactive code, effect, graphics of a higher level and even some human input, where you can change the output.. the best part of it all is that you can now even share that interactive with someone online, it is exciting times we live in :)

Offline Plus4

• Show only replies by Plus4
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2011, 02:16:36 PM »
I love the elder scrolls and COD on my XBOX and Lemmings on my Miggy.  I'm also a wanker.
Humans were invented by water so it could get up hills

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2011, 02:30:26 PM »
Quote from: A1260;631819
there will always be a few pc games that is calling the shot and force you to upgrade, games like crysis... anyway i have given up pc nowdays its only for websurfing,email etc... when you sit infront of the computer all day at work, i dont fancy spending time on it when i am home. its much more relaxing with the ps3 in the living room, watch some movies, have a video chat with a friend/send messages. then just put in that disc, the game startup with no hassle at all and joine a game with friends... its great :)

Each to his own, but there's nothing stopping a person doing the same with a PC. I have a multimedia/gaming system attached to my tv in the lounge sitting under the tv, controlled by joypad and remote controls (and/or mouse/keyboard if I chose). It's a little more work to set up nicely, but it's also more flexible than a console.

That said though, I do really like my XB360, and like my ps2 as well (although it doesnt get used often). I have all the usual suspects in the way of emulators and whatnot setup on my media centre box as well. For my tastes nothing beats real hardware, but using a tv and joypads definately adds something to running games in emulators for my tastes.
I have a megadrive too that I use sometimes, but dont have a lot of games, so I probably fire up a megadrive emu more often than the megadrive.

All in all Id have to say I just like good games. Doesnt really bother me too much what format theyre on.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline Hammer

• Show only replies by Hammer
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2011, 02:30:56 PM »
PC gaming on

1. Intel Core i7-2600 + AMD Radeon HD 6950 - desktop PC.
2. Intel Core i7-740 QM + AMD Radeon HD 6570M - Dell Studio XPS 1645 laptop PC.
3. AMD C-50 Dual Core + AMD Radeon HD 6250M - ACER Iconia W500 tablet PC.
Amiga 1200 PiStorm32-Emu68-RPI 4B 4GB.
Ryzen 9 7900X, DDR5-6000 64 GB, RTX 4080 16 GB PC.

Offline Hammer

• Show only replies by Hammer
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2011, 02:34:32 PM »
Quote from: Khephren;631815

Amiga 1200 PiStorm32-Emu68-RPI 4B 4GB.
Ryzen 9 7900X, DDR5-6000 64 GB, RTX 4080 16 GB PC.

Offline Khephren

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2011, 02:42:15 PM »
Interesting, thanks for posting that. But I see no 'wanker' category, so it must be disallowed ;)

So, social, casual, and MMO rely less on cutting edge hardware (in fact my Athlon 2000 with GF4 is from 8 years ago, and runs most of these fine).

Iv'e noticed the Mhz wars have moved onto phones though, which is a shame.

Offline A1260

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2011, 02:50:27 PM »
Quote from: Khephren;631829
Interesting, thanks for posting that. But I see no 'wanker' category, so it must be disallowed ;)

So, social, casual, and MMO rely less on cutting edge hardware (in fact my Athlon 2000 with GF4 is from 8 years ago, and runs most of these fine).

Iv'e noticed the Mhz wars have moved onto phones though, which is a shame.

social, casual, mobil and MMO = wanker category :D

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2011, 02:51:31 PM »
I'm a crap gamer.  Thank god for "trainers" and cheat codes.  :D
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline A1260

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2011, 02:57:29 PM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;631826
Each to his own, but there's nothing stopping a person doing the same with a PC. I have a multimedia/gaming system attached to my tv in the lounge sitting under the tv, controlled by joypad and remote controls (and/or mouse/keyboard if I chose). It's a little more work to set up nicely, but it's also more flexible than a console.

consoles is like apple computers, the hardware/aplication is tailor-made and it is plug and play with no hassle... to put it simple it just work and is great.

the hassle with a windows solution and third product/driver nightmare, forget it...

Offline pVC

« Reply #29 from previous page: April 15, 2011, 03:00:29 PM »
I mainly play Amiga games. There doesn't seem to be option for it...
Daily MorphOS user and Amiga active.