Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Need some expert 3.1/3.9 advice, making custom 3.1 disks  (Read 1657 times)

Description:

Offline scuzzb494

Hi

I have a very interesting set of disks here, I shall list them:

3.1 Amiga Developers Update: Disk 1 of 5 : Docs
Instustion ( spelt that way ), Contents, AutoDocs
and Tutorials.
Ditto Disk 2 of 5 Includes Files, Libs, FD's, SetPatch Tools
Ditto Disk 3 of 5 Examples 1 Libraries Compatibility and PCMCIA
Ditto Disk 4 of 5 Examples 2 IFF DataTypes AmigaGuide
Ditto Disk 5 of 5 Software Toolkit: Tools for debugging and development.
All Copyright 1985-93 Commodore Amiga Inc
Plus
ISO 9660 Tools V1.04x June 1993 1991-93 Commodore Int'l Services Corp
CDGS Support 40.60 CD32 Support Confidential Do Not Duplicate October 1993 Commodore Amiga Inc
CDXL Toolkit 5th March 1992 Preliminary and Confidential Copyright 1992 Commodore Amiga Inc
CDXL Examples "Sound on Sound " v1.1 Example 5th March 1992 Preliminary and Confidentail Copyright 1992.

All these disks are official Commodore disks.

Not your run of the mill 3.1 disks... I think they represent 3.1 in development and were actually released to the guys at Commodore.

scuzz
http://www.commodore-amiga-retro.com

Offline scuzzb494

Re: Need some expert 3.1/3.9 advice, making custom 3.1 disks
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 08:41:42 AM »
Hi

The historical significance of these disks are such that I just had to make my own copies. I believe what we are looking at here are early versions of the 3.1 OS to give Commodore a chance to test bed against various applications. There is some question as to what extent Commodore released 3.1, and given the ROM upgrade I would suggest it only natural that they test the software to a much wider audience. As to making further copies of these disks available I may be persuaded to put them on the website, if there was sufficient argument for doing so. Otherwise such valuable information could be lost forever. Purely for historical purposes.

If someone has Mr Haynie's email address maybe someone could ask him what the disks are.

I'll list out what is on each disk. The disks were in a batch of serious software disks along with SASC 6.50 Disks 1 to 6 and the 6.55 Patch Disks 1 and 2.

scuzz
scuzz@commodore-amiga-retro.com