Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New AROS bounties  (Read 4897 times)

Description:

Offline SamuraiCrow

• Show all replies
Re: New AROS bounties
« on: January 22, 2008, 01:52:09 AM »

bloodline wrote:

Krusher wrote:
My best bet is getting people the programming language they remember.

Yes... and Mattahtias BASIC is an open source AMOS clone... that's why I suggested it :-)

Mattathias BASIC will be more than a clone.  It will be more like a backward compatible sequel.  Imagine Amos 3.0 with AGA support or graphics card support running in any machine language you would like.  8-)

Offline SamuraiCrow

• Show all replies
Re: New AROS bounties
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 03:31:26 AM »

HenryCase wrote:
@SamuraiCrow
Mattathias BASIC does sound great. I posted a few questions on the project's SourceForge page, hope you don't mind me repeating them here:
1. How far through the development is this project (i.e. is a release candidate or beta version due soon)?
2. Which version of AmigaOS is going to be your first target platform (please say AROS!)?
3. Does Mattathias BASIC follow similar syntax to AMOS?

1.  When the first beta is released, keep in mind that it won't have all of the Amos features added.  We're basing it on LLVM so it will be ready several months if not years sooner than if we wrote the whole thing ourselves.  And to answer your question, it isn't ready yet and probably not too soon.

2.  The AROS version will directly follow the Linux, Windows, and Mac versions.  So yes, it will be the first Amiga-like OS to have Mattathias.

3.  Yes.  That's why it's taking so long.  We are improving the extension format so that a Mattathias BASIC programmer can develop their own extensions in Mattathias.