Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: So Shoot Me I Like Internet Explorer 9!  (Read 6095 times)

Description:

Offline dreamcast270mhz

• Show all replies
Re: So Shoot Me I Like Internet Explorer 9!
« on: May 30, 2012, 01:04:42 AM »
Quote from: cv643d;694590
IE 9 is not bad. It loads fast, is nicely integrated in the best multitasking operating system in the world: Win 7.

You say it is bloated? Are you serious?! LOL someone bought the FF hype.

It is evil?! LOL, spinning the age old myth that MS is evil. I would bet IE is less evil than MorphOS is.

There are a multitude of things wrong with this post, itself is riddled in fallacy.

Lets compare release cycles shall we?

IE: About 2 to 2 1/2 years

Chrome: one to two months

Firefox: ditto

Then there is your quote "best multitasking operating system in the world: Win 7."

Windows XP was the last (out of 3) versions of Windows I have genuinely paid for. XP is a very good OS, but it is definitely showing age. 7 improved much over Vista, but I have some complaints: Taskbar is ripped off of OS X. "Snapping" and other features are product gimmicks that they over do. Windows has a longer release cycle than either Ubuntu or OS X, even counting service packs and major hotfixes. It is also the only one of the three to have product activation/genuine advantage bull****.

All NT based versions of windows have certain bottlenecks to performance, such as swap based ONLY as a file and no option to have a partition, like UNIX derivatives. Other examples include having the GUI in supervisor mode, NTFS being a wasteful FS (Ext2-4, HFS+, FAT32/EXFAT, HAMMER and ZFS are all excellent choices) the fact that it still uses a COMMAND.COM style shell, caps on TCP connections and the fact that NT is a bloated kernel despite it not being Monolithic (98SE has a vastly superior kernel in many respects and is a good DOS gaming OS).
My machines:
PowerMac G4 MDD 1.5ghz 1.25GB 10.5.8 & MOS 2.7
Mac Mini C2D 10.6.8 2GHz 3GB 250GB HDD
MacBook Retina 16GB 256GB SSD 10.8
iPad 2
Underground Gamer invites (a classic game site) PM

Need a part for a PC or Mac? PM me, I\'ll let you know if I come across it.

OS X trumps Windows on every level.

MorphOS, OS4 and Classic Amiga systems are the only ones who are real \'Amigas\', not that joke AROS or Amiga Forever.

Offline dreamcast270mhz

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 02:58:09 AM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;694674
FF sucks (has for years and in my opinion was only an option in the IE6 days). It's too bloated, super crash happy, and just "feels" wrong and alien regardless of what system its being used on.

Here, you tell a bit of truth. For the latest of the official Firefox (not TenFourFox, as I sometimes use) you need at least (bare minimum if running windows 7) a Core Solo 1.5GHz, and thats with Aero Basic, and many effects and hacks applied. I use it on Ubuntu and 7 with a Core 2 Duo and i will say that the windows/linux implementations of Firefox blows IE out of the water in terms of usability and power. I do not use Chrome on either one as I prefer it only on OS X, where its GUI is metallic rather than that awful blue theme on XP and 7, and where it trumps in speed.

So, yes Firefox has ballooned but it is still a very viable option to IE. Lets not forget this all too famous page: http://toastytech.com/evil/

To me IE is the equivalent of MS saying: "May we give thieves your bank details, compromise your browsing experience and... : http://youtu.be/onEfmC6HRF4?t=29s  ?"
My machines:
iPad 2

MorphOS, OS4 and Classic Amiga systems are the only ones who are real \'Amigas\', not that joke AROS or Amiga Forever.

Offline dreamcast270mhz

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 12:20:56 AM »
Quote from: Digiman;694784
Microsoft=Microcock.

Couldn't have spoken the truth any clearer than that....
My machines:
iPad 2