Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amigakit or Pendingkit?  (Read 17117 times)

Description:

Offline Mr_ByteTopic starter

Amigakit or Pendingkit?
« on: February 12, 2020, 12:54:40 PM »
Hi
I have experienced and have seen a growing trend the last year/months with people complaning on facebook and forums about very long pending status (several weeks) with item that are marked "in stock". I see people getting tired of waiting and want to cancel their orders, but never gets any answer (but gets a answer right after the items finlly gets sent).

I just wondering: Are all the items "in stock" really 100% in stock? if else you guys needs to hire some help to shipt all the items
Pegasos2 G4 1Ghz, 1GB ram, Radeon 9200 256mb

Offline amigakit

Re: Amigakit or Pendingkit?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 01:40:57 PM »
We ship hundreds of orders every week worldwide and have been privileged to serve the Amiga community for over sixteen years as a full time business. 

The vast majority of orders leave within a day or two of the orders being placed.  We manufacture and assemble many of our products in house- you cannot source 35 year old retro products off the shelf.  We have over a thousand different product lines to make available a comprehensive range of quality products to the community at reasonable prices.

We would love to grow our team here, however since 2015 there have been many hobbyist resellers who pop up, offer a limited amount of lower quality products, then disappear.  This cycle has continued for some years and it means that for us it is not economically viable to add more full time team members given the size of the market place.

Apart from our retail business, we additionally manage this website among others.  We attend shows around the world, meeting our customers face to face.  We have been busy involved in developing our software such as AK-Datatypes, EasyNet, EasyADF and AmigaSYS.

I hope this helps give you a glimpse of our day to day work.
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

The following users thanked this post: First Ninja

Offline walkero

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 02:07:05 PM »
@Mr_Byte
through the years I did a lot of orders, costing hundreds of euros, from AmigaKit, and never had any issue on items quality, packaging and speed of delivery. I am pretty confident and happy when I order from AmigaKit, because I know the high quality of their products and their support.

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 02:30:18 PM »
@Mr_Byte
through the years I did a lot of orders, costing hundreds of euros, from AmigaKit, and never had any issue on items quality, packaging and speed of delivery. I am pretty confident and happy when I order from AmigaKit, because I know the high quality of their products and their support.

Me too. I have ordered for 2300 euro since 2009 :) But im sorry to say that for me they have lost their former glory and their service level is declining.
I found many others with the same opinion when researching today.

And their inventory (with quality stuff) is always shrinking. Their main competitor got new exciting stuff everytime i check, they respond to their emails, "in stock" really means" in stock" and will ship in one or two days (and one good rule for every company is to never speak negatively about the competitors).

And i think it is suspicious that many people complain that they overlook cancellation questions (when they have waited many weeks for shipping) but respond right away when the package is shipped. Really convenient.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 02:39:27 PM by Mr_Byte »

Offline hese7

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 03:14:46 PM »
Me too. I have ordered for 2300 euro since 2009 :) But im sorry to say that for me they have lost their former glory and their service level is declining.
That is certainly true. I ordered some items from them last year (October), waited two months for them to ship the items but nothing happened. The order status just kept saying "being picked". I contacted them via their website asking about the order and got no response. After waiting enough, I opened a case on PayPal and AmigaKit didn't react to that either. After waiting two weeks for their response to the PayPal case, I filed a PayPal claim to which they reacted very quickly and offered some ridiculous 10% refund for the purchase, which I declined. Eventually PayPal returned the money but no thanks to AmigaKit.

AmigaKit, what has happened? Why your service level has dropped so much?

Offline amigakit

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 03:54:34 PM »
@hese7

Sorry for the problem.  I investigated and can see that your last order unfortunately contained an item that was out of stock which held it up, but I can see that the 16 previous orders were delivered to you successfully.   

On occasion there maybe hiccups but the bulk of orders go out without problems and we get warm words back from regular customers, especially in person when we attend events.

@hese7 @Mr_Byte

I hope you continue enjoy using Amiga.org and other services we provide to the community (for free).  We are always looking to improve our products and services.

Offline Kremlar

• Show only replies by Kremlar
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 04:07:24 PM »
Sometimes it's better to acknowledge a problem and accept criticism rather than constantly defend and make excuses.  This is one of those times.

And passive aggressive comments about a "free forum" are not good business practice.

Offline walkero

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 04:42:03 PM »
In my opinion it is easy to criticize others without getting into their shoes. I see @amigakit describing the situation, trying to fulfill every obligation they have. Amiga market is small and people try to do the best they can.

I believe that people tend to hear the negative voices louder than the positive ones. What @amigakit said is that they ship hundreds of orders every week. If in those hundreds of orders they get, there are 1 or 2 delayed, I am pretty sure there is a good reason for that. We don't need to make such a fuzz or create false idea to this forum readers.

I am sorry but I don't see in this thread any constructive criticism.

Offline Kremlar

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 05:01:19 PM »
I have no problem with delays.  I do have a problem with lack of communication and ignoring customers, which seems more and more common.

It only takes a minute and a little respect for another person's hard earned money to send a reply.

Offline amigakit

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2020, 05:17:09 PM »
@Kremlar

We agree with that of course and make best efforts to keep our customers informed.

In the interests of balance, I trust you received both timely and good service from us every time you placed an order? 

Offline outlawal2

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2020, 05:35:16 PM »
In the interests of balance i can say that I have used Amigakit for many years and have always been happy with the products and the service.
 :)

Offline Kremlar

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2020, 03:03:08 AM »
@Kremlar

We agree with that of course and make best efforts to keep our customers informed.

In the interests of balance, I trust you received both timely and good service from us every time you placed an order? 

I believe I have made a couple of purchases from AmigaKit and had no issues.

Offline Pyromania

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show only replies by Pyromania
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2020, 11:50:27 AM »
I've ordered many items over many years from AmigaKit and always got everything I ordered and outstanding service. Great company in my book.

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2020, 07:31:26 PM »
Before you read: I am posting this because i want to help Amigakit too see they are on the wrong path.

Come on Amigakit! What have happen to you guys? Dont be the bad guys. People are starting to react over your bad behavior lately. Have some evil aliens taken over your bodies or something? ;D

From the "Commodore Amiga" group on facebook today:

AmigaPassion
I have been made aware that AmigaKit.com (4 months after we registered amigapassion.co.uk) registered the domain name amigapassion.com, this is perfectly legal, but the issue is, is that it does in fact redirect to Amigakit.com which may not be legal (seeking legal advise), it may have been a simple oversight from AmigaKit and I would be happy discuss.
I have reached out to Matthew Leaman (tagged him to get his attention) to remedy this as I have said to Matthew in the message we should be supporting the community together.
So for clarification amigapassion.co.uk is our primary and only domain and have ZERO affiliation with AmigaKit.com.
AmigaPassion Ltd is a company registered England and Wales (Company No. 12204824)
Thanks!!
-----------------
I have kept my peace and never said a word.. but when we started creating replacement cases (initially for the A1200) and keycaps for the Amiga under the name of A1200 and registered A1200.net, we supplied AmigaKit as well. We listed AmigaKit as partner and expected them to list us as a supplier. They haven’t for reasons unknown to us then, but when Matthew asked for custom design packaging we tried to accompany those wishes even though one was dragging feet. When we got confronted with AmigaKit registering. A1200 trademark in the classes that applied to our product, we obviously could not “appreciate” it...
This here.. well.. not surprised at all.
-----------------
They have been trademarking shit recently too. I really have no time for them. They called me names for pointing out that it is unlawful in the UK to list and sell items as in stock when they aren't. I wouldn't ever use them again and always tell people to steer clear. Doing shit like this just strengthens my point.
-----------------
Oh I know this one alright! they are currently sitting on my £50.00 and I have tried and tried and tried to get this sorted! it has been two years now!
-----------------
This is certainly a good way to make them not used in future. Bad taste.
-----------------
Legal or not, the end result is incredibly shady, reflecting very poorly on AmigaKit and will be a factor to consider when making my next purchase.
-----------------
Maybe AmigaKit should spend less time registering looky-likey domains and more on shipping items people have paid for. I’ve seen many stories here of people having to wait for ages, without any communication either.
-----------------
It's because they sell items as in stock when they have none. They did it to me and stated that in the final sales invoice it states with a red asterisk that the item is out of stock. Even though at all times the item is stated as in stock. They made it look like I made the mistake...
-----------------
Amigakit really are the worst. Literally, any other Amiga store is better.
-----------------
in my opinion, this kinda adds the icing to the s*it cake that is amigaKit. I ordered a few things from them in the past and its always such a long wait. Only when you publically ask them where the order is do they then respond. This move is bascially a d*ck move -> and shows their mentality. Yes its their domain now and they can do what they like - but the Amiga now adays is about community. this is specifically designed to take business away from Amiga Passion. Remember this the next time you think about ordering from them.
-----------------
AmigaPassion has been trading since 2018 well before Amigakit registered the .com domain. Matthew even emailed me 2 months before registering the .com asking about the business. There is a little ore history here than your aware off

« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 07:33:54 PM by Mr_Byte »

The following users thanked this post: TribbleSmasher

Offline UberFreak

• Show only replies by UberFreak
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2020, 09:10:14 PM »
As someone who's not on Facebook, thanks for posting this here.