Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga X5000 ByTech Backlite USB Keyboard  (Read 545 times)

Description:

Offline cehoferTopic starter

Amiga X5000 ByTech Backlite USB Keyboard
« on: January 11, 2023, 06:04:11 PM »
I purchased a nice ByTech backlite USB keyboard for my X5000.  During the Splash screen, the keyboard lights up and then goes out.  When it boots up in the Uboot screen, I get a bunch of errors and then finally boots.  When it first boots, the keyboard works as a keyboard but to turn on the backlights, you have to hit "Scroll LOCK" but nothing happens. 

I rebooted and the keyboard backlite turns on but the keyboard does not function.  I get the USB popup that it recognizes it as a USB keyboard.  If I unplug and plug the usb, again I get the USB popup, the backlite is on but it will not function.

I looked in Prefs but didn't find anything in USB or Inputs on backlit.  I plugged it into my Win 10 laptop and works fine.

Any thoughts?

Offline cehoferTopic starter

Re: Amiga X5000 ByTech Backlite USB Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 06:58:39 PM »
Lets try this another way. Has anyone successfully added a backlit keyboard to their X5000? If so, what brand and model? I can just return this one I bought and get a compatible one. I was thinking of trying a Logitech or Apple. According to the compatibility list, these USBs work but it does not mention backlit.