Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Horror story - Lost Parcel with Amiga hardware and software  (Read 1060 times)

Description:

Offline superfrog76Topic starter

• Show only replies by superfrog76
Horror story - Lost Parcel with Amiga hardware and software
« on: January 15, 2023, 02:49:58 AM »
One of those things you hope you never hear... A friend of mine had a loss after selling and shipping a large Amiga lot. The courier lost the parcel, and after a lot of efforts ended up with a loss for my friend.

Obviously you can't really track those items, as they can easily be grafted and the serial removed (Vampire A1200, Indivision AGA V2, A1200 D1 board, A2000 keyboard, software, CDs and manuals); although one unique thing was the fact that this A1200 board was encased in a A1000 case, and it had a cut on the left side to fit the PCMCIA port and some cuts in the front area, below the expansion trapdoor, to fit the Gotek LCD and a switch for the DF0.

I wanted to share this as I really feel for such loss, either if it was honestly misplaced and lost, or if it was taken by someone and re-sold on the various markets. The lot was on Ebay USA; it happened during the last Christmas period. If you sell Amiga hardware be sure to insure your belonging for adequate value, because the courier will fight you nails and teeth in regard to what you put down as insured amount.

Stay safe out there.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 02:54:38 AM by superfrog76 »

Offline TribbleSmasher

Re: Horror story - Lost Parcel with Amiga hardware and software
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2023, 07:45:21 PM »
sad to hear that.

The Vampire should have a serial so it might be trackable who took it.