Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sunrize Studio 16 ver 3.01a  (Read 5573 times)

Description:

Offline Matt_H

Re: Sunrize Studio 16 ver 3.01a
« on: November 27, 2020, 06:16:38 AM »
I'd been trying to find this page for you and finally came across it again today. I *think* this is where I downloaded Studio 16 3.01 many years ago, although the links are long dead now. I thought it might have had 3.01A, but there are still a few interesting things:
1. The page suggests that 3.01 is the one with the multi-card bugfix.
2. The FAQ linked from that page says 3.01A is the one with the multi-card bugfix.

So, the first page could simply be wrong, but I suppose another possibility is that 3.01A was actually a sneaky sort of "second release" of 3.01 immediately after the first but none of the internal version numbers were changed. In other words, maybe the 3.01 circulating now is 3.01A but not labeled as such? (Incidentally, the disks I think I made from that site match the versions that can be found today.)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 06:17:28 AM by Matt_H »

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 12:01:22 AM »
I found an old hard drive backup that contained s163011.dms and s163012.dms from the Wayback Machine site in my previous post. I can confirm that they're the same v3.01 disks that are now available here.

Based on an older version of the site in the Wayback Machine, it seems like the site author intended to offer 3.01a for download. Unfortunately, the links on that version of the page point nowhere so we don't know if that download was ever functional.

The author of the site and the author of the FAQ (the FAQ version on youngmonkey.ca is an older one) are the same person and it seems like he's pretty knowledgeable. It looks like it was always his intention was to offer the last version available, and his 3.01 is labeled as such, even though it's not labeled 3.01a. But it still doesn't definitively answer whether 3.01 and 3.01a are the same thing...

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 07:00:00 PM »
Just out of curiosity, you’ve said you’re using multiple AD516s... are you running into any issues? Or are you just looking to get what is presumably the most stable version?

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 04:06:45 AM »
Good to hear things are stable so far. I hope the stress test goes well! I think your setup is ideally suited for such a test.

BTW, you might also be interested in archives of the old Studio 16 mailing list.