Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PCTask vs PCx vs Emplant e586 what is the best PeeCee emulator  (Read 8386 times)

Description:

Offline Rabbi

• Show all replies
Quote from: Motormouth;825364
In so far as PC emulation even a 486slc bridgeboard could barely run windows 95.  If you could get PCx to run Windows 95 with something like a 1024x768x256 color display from the vamp's video out that would be actually quite awesome.

I've got the GoldenGate 486slc 50MHz bridge board card with the 387 maths co-processor & FDC chips installed (with the optional Monitor Master), ISA video card, & an ISA network card in my A4000.  I've also got Windows 98 installed on it.  It runs a whole lot faster than PC-Task 4.4 or PCx.  I would say that I does run at an acceptable level for the CPU it has on the bridge board.  I think that by having an ISA video card, the speed increases.

On another note: I had installed Windows95 on PC-Task ver. 4.4 on my NTSC A1200 with a Blizzard 1260 CPU accelerator.  You need the patience of a saint to complete the installation.  It took several hours to complete.  I wanted to install Windows98 on my A1200, but never got around to doing so.  You need to enter some parameters to install it so that it bypasses some stuff, which I've forgotten now.  I'd have to review that to remember what it was, but W98 could definitely be installed on PC-Task ver. 4.4.  W98 is the latest & last version that I know of that could be installed on PC-Task ver. 4.4.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 11:27:00 PM by Rabbi »
--------------------------------------------------------
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?
===================================================================
Computer used:     Amiga A1200 (NTSC version) with 128 MB ...

Offline Rabbi

• Show all replies
Re: PCTask vs PCx vs Emplant e586 what is the best PeeCee emulator
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 05:11:02 PM »
Uh, please, the New York Times continually gets their Mideast coverage wrong and sometimes issues corrections.  Just check out the fact-checking web site http://www.camera.org to see just how many times that The New York Times gets it wrong.
--------------------------------------------------------
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?
===================================================================
Computer used:     Amiga A1200 (NTSC version) with 128 MB ...