Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Raspberry PI 3 B is incoming!  (Read 18448 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: Raspberry PI 3 B is incoming!
« on: February 14, 2016, 05:33:57 PM »
Quote from: Faerytale;803990
Rumors from trusted source :) Beginning of mars , no specs yet! Hope this will be powerful enough for cool Amiga emulator projects :)

Is there a 68k JIT for ARM yet?
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 04:20:49 PM »
Using F2FS with noatime, nodiratime on a class 10 card helps a lot too.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 04:13:31 PM »
The ODROID-C2 looks like a decent board. Faster CPU and GPU with eMMC SSD slot but no WiFi. Only $5 more too.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 04:16:32 PM »
Quote from: jltursan;805360
That's why I've been trying for some time to turn one of these devices into a desktop machine (silent and small size) and believe me, they're still far from capable to run basic desktop gear. Open a browser, a mail client and a Office suite and you'll be stuck for minutes waiting for things to happen...:(

I must to go for a ODroid XU4 to get something like the above and it's not silent anymore.

Why can't a Linux be installed in our old Android phones?, I've some of them and all are far better than the Pi3 :rant:

Full Linux distros have been ported to many Android devices over on http://forum.xda-developers.com

Offline nicholas

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 08:56:40 AM »
Quote from: jltursan;805631
Agreed, that's the case of the Orange PI, lack of support and poorly home-cooked distros. The fake hardware is the lesser problem when dealiing with an OPI.

So, has the ODroid also lack of support?, seems that it has a lot of distros available, none of them has bring video hardware acceleration?. If so, the XU4 it's severely crippled and can't be used as a desktop replacement for sure...:(

They use a binary firmware blob for the GPU like the RPi did in the early days and NVidia do still.