Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Atx Psu mounting guide in a post  (Read 12445 times)

Description:

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.som99.se
Re: Atx Psu mounting guide in a post
« on: August 22, 2012, 08:15:26 PM »
Oh how could I have missed this thread :O I just redid my PSU today in my A1200 thread, I prefer to solder the wires together instead of using those skrewthingys (what are they called in english?) Also why hot glue the fan?

I did a bit more modifies to my case tho, but in the end we both have the same results :) Nice work :)

Also a tip if using a fan in the top as you do on your other design, it wont get much air in movement, a tip that looks good is to cut out in the vents like this:

Try that and your PSU will run alot cooler and whatever PSU used 5v on the fan will be enough even if the original one is 12v (you will need to have intakes/outakes depending on fan direction also).

Also im using a smaller PSU, mATX one so no need to use thinner fan, im using a regular sized 80mm fan, it's a Fractal Design (Swedish company) silent fan in 12v/1400rpm it's @ 11 dB and im running it on 5v and I can't hear it at all :)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 09:20:38 PM by som99 »

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.som99.se
Re: Atx Psu mounting guide in a post
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 11:08:16 PM »
Quote from: Retrofan;705042
som99 you've done a great work too. I like it (Off topic... what has hapenned with the smilies here in A-Org?). Pfff...
And you are using a pico psu in the second... nice. I use it to power on my mini-ITX C64, with which I'm posting now.

I did those cuts you talk in my first A500 psu mod. And why hotglue the fan? Because I can't screw it (in the first design) if I don't make holes in the case.
paul1981 I don't have more room in the case for the fan in the first design. In the latest, as you see there is more airflow.... But I tell you it isn't necessary in the first, it runs extremely cold ;)

Thank you, great to see that others also prefer to use the Amiga power brick instead of internal pico-PSU! Oh do my PSU look like an Pico PSU? It's an small form factor FSP PSU used in micro-ATX chassi's but it's small and nice, im getting another in the mail any day now, since I got them for a good price i decided to order a new one for future use :D
I can't wait to see your mini-ITX C64!