Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Who used AMIX?  (Read 17051 times)

Description:

Offline salax54

• Show all replies
Re: Who used AMIX?
« on: March 25, 2010, 07:09:57 AM »
Perhaps Failure can give us a few hints here :-)
Using the "hack" method might not bring us to the latest version, but i suppose it would still be an operational environment, right?
I have a few worries for my setup though.. First off is the fact that i have the 2090A card, with an additional boot module card. Will that do instead of the A2091?
Then there's an issue with the graphics. I have a Domino 32 video card, which in the wiki is stated working with drivers from Gateway cd's. Now that is a part i might get confused with.. Suppose i manage to complete the installation, and leave the driver part for later, will that do? Would i have to have the Domino plugged from the beginning? Meaning, will the system still be able to utilize the card's VGA output at all without drivers, or should i start with the rgb default output of the Amiga and work the driver installation afterwards?
Another thought is, what if someone has a successful installation already, can they create a disk image of some form that would be copied (raw) and upped so others can take it and dump it to an empty disk? That would also help people trying to run AMIX under UAE.

EDIT: By the way, i have borrowed an A2091 from a friend, just in case things don't go too well. If the installation works out using the A2091, would i still be able to swap it later on with the A2090, or will it affect the OS?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 09:42:46 AM by salax54 »