Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaWorld Magazine update 1#2003 (www.amigaworld.org)  (Read 3244 times)

Description:

Offline amimonkey

• Show only replies by amimonkey
Re: AmigaWorld Magazine update 1#2003 (www.amigaworld.org)
« Reply #29 from previous page: May 15, 2003, 08:55:15 PM »
Reading the comments on this thread really make me feel quite sad!

It's a shame to see what the Amiga "community" has been reduced to:

1. Somebody sees the name "AmigaWorld" and decides its a great opportunity to have a dig at Amiga Inc. Nice one Dammy, try getting your facts right next time - have you even apologised to AmiDelf yet?

2. People complain about the legalities of giving away a prize so much that AmiDelf decides to withdraw the competition... I hope you guys are happy now!

One question: Why?!  :-?

Ian

Offline DaveP

• Show only replies by DaveP
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2003, 09:01:11 PM »
@Downix

I was under the impression you ran Pegasos-USA and resold Genesi kit in the USA? If this is wrong please correct me and Ill apologise for the misunderstanding.

Heres the bit thats important:

All while their executives laugh to the bank, having embezzled
the investors money

If that was the case then accusations on a public forum could be seen in the light of impending or in progress legal action taken in the US against Amiga Inc. It has more weight if you see what I mean.

If as a private citizen, then its not the Genesi position and it has less weight.

I too have the impression that you do about Fleecy in particular which is why I put the question I did on AmigaWorld - which you will have notice DIDNT get selected this week.

I put a question this week about what he thinks the value of the brand is now in dollars. ;-)

@Dammy

I understand your position, but what you need to realise is that in this world ( Amiga ) Im just another consumer. Like you. I don't have "red troll" blinkers on as the dialogue we had on the ANN thread should have told you ( and the questions on AmigaWorld ).

I have respect for the work of Hyperion and Eyetech ( to a lesser extent ) but that respect does *not* extend to any other parties in this market unless they have earned it.

:-?

I realise that you think that just because I don't agree with you often on public forums this must mean Im some kind of hood with an interest. It really is not the case.

The only interest I have is OS4, and further on from that the truth. The questions I ask are often aimed at those that make bland statements without substantiation and I cannot see how they get from the known facts to their assertions so I put questions in the way ( and yes I often deliberately phrase it in such a way so they should see how their assertion sounds to other ears ). I think this is what you think is trolling.

I have to do this far less for those that make strange assertions that are positive about Amiga Inc because of the cacophony of those arguing in that direction.

Just because say Seehund sayes something ( that is his reasoned conclusion ) for example ( just an example Seehund ) does not mean that I have to take it and his reasoning as verbatim truth - there may be simplifications and there is his background to consider as well as what we know from current knowledge about what really transpired in the past ( good example: AOS4 when it was being *not* developed by H+P and On Schedule and Rockin` ).

Oh I don't know why Im explaining.  :-?
Hate figure. :lol:

Offline AmiDelfTopic starter

• Show only replies by AmiDelf
    • http://www.amitopiatv.com
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2003, 10:06:21 PM »
I love the Amiga -
I care about it -
I dont say that people have to order Amitopia -
I promote with a product, wich you can (could) win when ordering the magazine -

With more money and spirit, Amitopia would come out in English and for everyone. But people likes to shoot whats left of the goodhearted Amiga community.

I wish that more people supported up Amitopia. But people dosent seem to care, and because of this, Amitopia is now 8 pages thick, instead of 24 pages as usual. I pay for the magazine thru my other work. If it was only my subscribers who payed, Amitopia would be dead 2 years ago.

Regards,
Michal
I love and respect people which care! And not those with
a heart made of stone.

Offline downix

• Show only replies by downix
    • http://www.applemonthly.com
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2003, 10:17:57 PM »
@DaveP

I set up peg-usa.com and helped run it for awhile, but I was never the one in charge, just a little cog.  I'm a cog on other pages now.

I'm just a little cog, tired of seeing this game go on.  What saddens me is that Amiga Inc actually turned-away my money on one occasion.
Try blazedmongers new Free Universal Computer kit, available with the GUI toolkit Your Own Universe, the popular IT edition, Extremely Reliable System for embedded work, Enhanced Database development and Wide Area Development system for telecommuting.

Offline amimonkey

• Show only replies by amimonkey
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2003, 10:19:40 PM »
Michal,

I for one applaud your efforts and wish you all the best. It's really nice to hear that somebody puts in as much money and time as you have - I for one am amazed that you bother with the state of the "community" nowadays!

If you ever release Amitopia in English I'm a definite subscriber :-)

Don't lose hope!

Ian

Offline System

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2003, 11:19:09 PM »
illegal to have a sweepstakes ? in the US its perfectly legal to market like that... you automatically enter a sweepstakes when you order the magazine... just like you enter sweepstakes at mcdonalds when you buy a bigmac, when you buy a pop and look under the cap... etc etc etc... there shouldnt be anything illegal about it...I think AmiDelf did this with the best intentions and he's never been a 'troll' either way... I dont see anything wrong with it... and it might be a good idea...

Offline downix

• Show only replies by downix
    • http://www.applemonthly.com
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2003, 01:52:31 AM »
Count me in too if you ever make it to english.
Try blazedmongers new Free Universal Computer kit, available with the GUI toolkit Your Own Universe, the popular IT edition, Extremely Reliable System for embedded work, Enhanced Database development and Wide Area Development system for telecommuting.

Offline Damion

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2003, 08:42:12 AM »
AmiDelf rules!!!:) And I also hope to see
Amitopia in the states some day.

Offline Jope

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2003, 08:33:40 PM »
Mips, at least here in Finland, if someone's marketing their product
with a lottery / sweepstake-style scheme, you're eligible to
participate in the lottery without buying the product.

Participation is usually by snail mail in these cases.. Also the law
states that non-buyers must have an equal chance of winning as those
who bought the product.

One of the nicer laws in my opinion.