Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Undelete files under Windows XP  (Read 6887 times)

Description:

Offline JettahTopic starter

• Show all replies
Undelete files under Windows XP
« on: August 27, 2004, 01:50:59 PM »
Hi folks,

Have you all had a good holiday? Enjoyed experiences you never come across in your daily life? Good, for it helps keeping a man (M/F) retaining his/her sanity!

I'm about to loose mine, as I deleted a file from a former Windows setup.

At some time, years ago I bought a computer with Windows Me. Later I installed Windows XP on a newly installed second HD.
So, over time the Me install became redundant and I therefore deleted the WINDOWS folder from the old drive. However I overlooked one  problem: inside that WINDOWS-folder there was at least one other folder which is still in use.

Is there a way to UNDELETE the entire WINDOWS-folder?
It is a FAT-formatted partition. Nothing has been written to that partition after the delete. I simply tried to remove the folder by putting it to the trashcan, which was to small to accommodate the WINDOWS-folder so it simply deleted the whole thing (after 4.379 dire warnings ofcourse!)

Please help, as my status as man-of-great-knowledge-of-computers is at stake...

Regards,

Tjitte

P.S. I was (wife and kids included) off to Iceland for two weeks. Lovely country!
Sometimes I wish I was Mt Vesuvius: laying on my back in the sun while smoking a bit and everybody seeing me would say: \\"Look! He\\\'s active!\\" (author unknown to me)