Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Help .....Adaptec 2940UW SCSI problem.  (Read 17675 times)

Description:

Offline dnelsonfl

• Show all replies
Re: Help .....Adaptec 2940UW SCSI problem.
« on: August 13, 2004, 10:39:09 PM »
The Adaptec controller has a setting to turn off display of the "Press CTRL-A ..." message. It will still respond to CTRL-A, though, and once in the BIOS you can change the settings. I believe the message is off by default. Adaptec controllers also came in two flavors, OEM and Retail, and both were a little different in some ways depending on the model. The exact model is very important: the AHA-2940UW and AHA-2940UW PRO differ in how many connectors you are allowed to use at one time as was mentioned earlier. Also, the BIOS updates are model specific and the OS drivers for the AHA-2940UW PRO will work with the AHA-2940UW, but not vice versa. You'll want to try and get into that CTRL-A BIOS setup, though. If the drive is seen in the BIOS, then you can concentrate on figuring out why the OS isn't letting you see it. It doesn't hurt to double-check the termination settings. I've had a drive that I thought I had set up termination correctly, but after downloading information from the manufacturer, I realized I had it slightly wrong. You might want to check your settings against the documentation from the harddrive manufacturer just to be sure. Good luck! :)

-David