Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Racer?  (Read 3199 times)

Description:

Offline Ilwrath

Re: Racer?
« on: October 27, 2002, 09:01:42 PM »
It's also a buggy piece of crap on windoze. And it doesn't seem to be really good, I guess it really is a WiP.

It's a little bit more mature on Linux, but still, for all the talk of the great physics on it, I thought the car handling really sucked.  (This spoken from someone who has driven a few high-power rear-wheel drive cars...  I can say that their models may be close in physics, but not in the reality of how a vehicle behaves.)  (Of course since my analog joysticks don't work right in Linux, I was playing with the keyboard, so that didn't help matters much)  

I had nothing but problems with the Windows version, though my analog sticks worked.  :-P

In short, though, I'm glad I'm not the only one who was quite disappointed in this effort.  It's still got a lot of work to be done.

Offline Ilwrath

Re: Racer?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2002, 03:50:40 AM »
Okay, I've just seen Full Metal Challenge on TLC. The buggys they made and ran on that rollercoster course made me thing of that game.

Yeah, you're not the only one who thought that...  ;-)  
And I'd pay good money for a new Stunt Track Racer.  That was always one of my favorites!