Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Does Linux have an Amiga feel?  (Read 16324 times)

Description:

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
Re: Does Linux have an Amiga feel?
« Reply #269 from previous page: July 19, 2013, 06:18:36 PM »
Quote from: Fats;741341
Seriously commodorejohn, in which century are you living ?
I use Linux as my main OS but don't feel the need to argue to other people they should switch to Linux; like all other Linux users I know. This time has long passed.
In this day and age the best place to find a zealot is in the world where everything starts with a 'i'.
If you don't, that's great. You are totally exempted from any statements about such people - and thank you for not being one of them.

Unfortunately, while they may be less numerous than they were ten years ago, when every neckbeard in the community college would talk your ear off about "GNU/Linux," they still definitely exist; you only have to look around at communities for other alternative OSes (Haiku, for example,) where they constantly argue that FooOS should be more like Linux (because, obviously, Linux is the perfect end-point on the Lamarckian evolutionary ladder of OS development, because reasons,) or that FooOS is pointless and everybody working on it should just devote all their efforts to Linux, or whatever.

It'd be pretty damn nice if their time really had passed, frankly.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline nicholas

« Reply #270 on: July 19, 2013, 06:57:08 PM »
I don't believe you are on the Autistic Spectrum John as you don't demonstrate the associated cogntive abilities.  

You appear to be an ill-mannered angry little boy who gives off the impression that he believes the world revolves around him. I'm not alone in observing this, I'm just the only one willing to say it in public because I have a loud mouth.

For the record I developed Windows software professionally for 15yrs, along with AS/400, HP-UX, Xenix, MS-DOS, Oracle RDBMS, MS/SQL, Informix, BTrieve and an Israeli post-4GL you've never heard of.

I hold a Post Graduate Certificate in Education that enables me to teach Computer Science at Degree Level, so what makes you believe that your opinions (that you repeatedly state as irrefutable fact) are more informed than mine or any of the other even more highly educated CS professionals that have posted in this thread?

You don't like Linux, the GNU userland nor X11 and its myriad window managers and toolkits, WE GET IT.

Now please give it a friggin rest.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
« Reply #271 on: July 19, 2013, 07:45:08 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;741346
Now please give it a friggin rest.
i couldn't have said it better. guys, this thread has really started to head down hill, so let's cut our losses before we reach bottom. :griping:

thread locked.

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."