Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Quantum leap towards computer of the future  (Read 3660 times)

Description:

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Re: Quantum leap towards computer of the future
« on: September 27, 2010, 03:20:20 PM »
You have to give these nutty professor guys something to do, it help keep them off the streets and out the pubs where they can attack you ears with verbal diarrhea. :)

Having said that I notice your complaint about paying taxes to fund these guys, I'm not big on geography but isn't Nottingham in England ! or is the wicked sheriff still around gathering taxes and shipping them off to Oz, reckon you best go look for a certain Mr Hood in the woods to sort out your tax problems. :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 05:01:28 PM »
WOW... I'd hate to meet him in the local boozer... (help me ears are bleeding...) :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 08:13:00 PM »
All this talk of Quantum computing is old hat. Long, long ago sometime way off in the far distant future quantum computing was surpassed by the hooking a really old and yellowing  A1200 up to some brownian motion liquid and with the aid of an old copy of DiskSalv, the Amiga once again reigns supreme.

If you add the new Time Travel hardware now available from you local 24 hour convenience store, priced at only £999,999,999.95 (OS 3.x & USB only...) you can even travel back in time and inform everyone about some totally useless facts on what the future holds for the Amiga & computing...

Uh oh, just got an error number 103... help I'm stuck in 2010 and can't get back to the future, anyone know how to fix this problem, could it be my black matter powered floppy is failing, or does anyone have an old DeLorean DMC-12 I can borrow for a millenia or two !!!

(PS: Bill Gates & Microsoft were closed down in the year 2195, when it was discovered that he was in fact an alien lifeform from another dimension, who had used a stolen Amiga to travel back in time to con the world with a shoddy OS system he had stolen from the Borg..) :crazy:

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 08:41:22 PM »
Quote from: Tripitaka;581579
Reverse the flow on the flux inhibitors and re-calibrate the Heisenberg compensator, then re-boot. If that fails you'll need to open up the ultinium inlets on the drive over a spatial rift (try Cardiff, Lowestoft or New Pitsligo).

Glad I could help and in case your wondering, I'm originally from Cestrus Omicron III.

Bugger... tried all that but no luck Im afraid, it just caused a temporal inversion loop in the space time continuum which let Mr Gates sneak back through and release the Windows phone that he stole from Apple.

Went to Cardiff once, but it was shut... :(

Oh well, guess I'll have to hang around in 2010 for a few more decades, until I can sort out this problem, now where my sonic screwdriver...

(PS: I hear it's nice on Cestrus Omicron III, this time of year...)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 09:48:09 PM »
Quote from: Karlos;581589
I had one of those last night, after making a rather hot curry.

Vindaloo & brownian motion liquid... you cant beat it... :)

My Favorite Recipe To make the perfect Vindaloo... :)

Two Jars of Pataks Vindaloo Paste
One Large Onion
Fresh Chicken Breast
1 Large Green Pepper
1 Large Green Chili
1 Pair Asbestos Gloves.... :biglaugh:

(forget the instructions on the jar (two tablespoons) empty both jars in the pot and you've got the hottest Vindaloo you could ever want...) :cool:

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 10:33:50 PM »
Quote from: Karlos;581610
Two jars is just far too much salt. A tablespoon of the stuff and a can of chopped tomatoes is much better. For heat, add as much chopped fresh naga chilli peppers as you can handle, or if you don't have any, as many drops of Blair's Jersey Death sauce as you can tolerate ;)

Nah, gotta be two jars or I can't taste it anymore, No one else I know can handle one of my curries, many have tried but all have failed... :)

On the subject of salt, in recent months the jar now say's 'contains 60% less salt', makes you wonder how much was in it to start with !!!

It's called traditional Scottish health food here... :roflmao:

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 11:42:23 PM »
A quick question, if I may, to all our fellow Amigan's across the pond... :)

I've noticed in numerous threads here, that our cousins the USA almost always seem to bring politics, government, corporations and all that stuff into a lot of their replys.

Just wondering is it so bad in the USA, that everyone over there is so disillusioned with every thing in life that you all feel the need to blame it on someone else.

My sister who lives in Portland Oregon has become like this, every time we talk on the phone it's all about, how it's too expensive to go to the doctors or dentists and the government, the greedy corporations and the homeless are all to blame...

I keep telling her, move back to Scotland then, cos here the minority that have to work for a living hardly ever complain, they're too busy working to keep the rest of us layabouts going in fags & booze...

Move to Scotland, the weathers crap, but the lifestyles easy... :biglaugh: