Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The site is very slow...  (Read 21597 times)

Description:

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
Re: The site is very slow...
« Reply #29 from previous page: July 06, 2011, 12:07:43 AM »
Quote from: redfox;648342
Maybe http://aoproxy.extropia.co.uk/ will work better for me.

For me, the main site became a lost cause with OWB 3.31.  Too slow even for casual browsing.  Sometimes I could get the first and last page but stalled downloading any middle pages.  Maybe I have to wait until you guys from Europe and UK go to sleep.

---
redfox

Well if you are using a non-css amiga browser, that's what the proxy is there for :)
int p; // A

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2011, 09:23:03 AM »
Quote from: Duce;648513
Had a near 1 hour timeout (site entirely unreachable) at about 12 pm (MST) today, tested on multiple browsers (FF, IE, Chrome, Safari), multiple systems (PC, Mac, iPad and iPhone), and over ADSL and 3G.

Not a biggie, just wanted to give a heads up.

For once, I think that may have coincided with some maintenance work the hosting company were doing.
int p; // A

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2011, 09:33:29 AM »
Quote from: TheGoose;648514
I'm really puzzled by this mystery. And I still do not have any trouble reaching or loading the site from home(Time Warner) or work (University).

Still, other are having some real consistent trouble.

Hmmm, makes me think about NameServers/DNS and who is handling it? Has it always been the same? Some of these descriptions sound like the name could not be resolved.

That would explain not being able to connect at all or the occasional extreme lag (which I've had in the past too), but not the various "VB database error" messages.

FWIW, these messages are pretty generic and not necessarily indicative of a problem with the database content since any error at all (including failure to connect in the first place) that is caught by VB will result in this page being shown.
int p; // A

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
The site is very slow...
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2011, 07:05:04 PM »
I had to turn off the cache, bots from banned ip ranges were filling it up with ip ban notifications and there were login complications for a few people too. So were back to running out of db connections far more frequently instead.
int p; // A