Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The site is very slow...  (Read 21609 times)

Description:

Offline redfox

• Show only replies by redfox
Re: The site is very slow...
« Reply #119 from previous page: June 28, 2011, 02:34:35 AM »
I was lurking for a about 5 minutes, going back and forth through some theads and it was fast, no hesitatation, no stalls.  Then I logged in and it stalled before the current page finished loading.  Speed varies and some stalls now that I am logged in.

Using OWB 3.31 on OS4.1 Update2.

I think I'll log out again.

---
redfox

Offline CritAnime

• Previous Life Time Member
    • Show only replies by CritAnime
« Reply #120 on: June 28, 2011, 02:43:48 AM »
Sites seems to be running far smoother and faster. Had no issues and no random crashes or hangs.

What ever you did keep it that way lol.

Offline redfox

« Reply #121 on: June 28, 2011, 02:51:09 AM »
Doesn't seem to matter which web browser I use on my OS4 PPC machine, things slow down as soon as I login.  As long as I lurk and check threads, it seems ok.

Haven't tried the Windows machines recently.

Offline Piru

• \' union select name,pwd--
    • Show only replies by Piru
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
« Reply #122 on: June 28, 2011, 05:53:42 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;647412
Silly question time.

Yes that is silly.
Is it actually legal to change the coding as Karlos has done? :confused:

No, but now I'm intrigued: What makes you think it would not be?

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #123 on: June 28, 2011, 06:03:09 AM »
Maybe because i am thinking about Apple and Sony closing you in every chance they get. In todays age of closed in computer devices i naturally assume any modification to anything is against some sort of license you agree to just by using it. Judging by your response i take it i am wrong?  ;)
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline AmigaHeretic

• Show only replies by AmigaHeretic
« Reply #124 on: July 03, 2011, 06:17:30 PM »
Last few days (week) Amiga.org has been having issues for me.  A couple of examples.

Refresh.  It takes forever to load or it just times out and does not re-load.  I have to hit refresh again. Maybe a couple times.  

Happens when posting if I hit preview.  Takes forever or may time out and lose everything.

Also does this when just clicking on forum topic.  Maybe it will load fine, but sometimes it wont load and have and I to wait and it may time out, and have to retry a few times as above.

Reasonably sure this is A.org specific.  Tried multiple browsers to make sure it wasn't a browser issue.  I usually have 15 - 20 tabs or more open and it is only Amiga.org.  Usuallly when the issue is happening I pop over to some other tabs and surf around with no problems and come back over to A.org tab to see if the page has been loaded or have to refresh again because it timed out.

Again, doesn't happen everytime, but enough in normal use that it's annoying.  Have not had this issue on any other sites at all during this time.

Anyway, anybody else having this issue?

EDIT:
I read redfox's post and being logged in may have something to do with it.  I going to test that out and see what I get.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 06:24:31 PM by AmigaHeretic »
A3000D (16mhz, 2MB Chip, 4MB Fast, SCSI (300+MB), SuperGen Genlock, Kick 3.1)
Back in my day, we didn\'t have water. We only had Oxygen and Hydrogen, and we\'d just have to shove them together.

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #125 on: July 03, 2011, 09:07:50 PM »
Quote from: AmigaHeretic;648073
Anyway, anybody else having this issue?

Yep. Intermittent lags seem to be a regular feature these days but I haven't had any 500 error messages since the last round of duct tape was applied. There also were some server configuration issues  that the hosting company looked into and are reportedly fixed.
int p; // A

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #126 on: July 04, 2011, 02:10:02 AM »
Quote from: Karlos;648094
Yep. Intermittent lags seem to be a regular feature these days but I haven't had any 500 error messages since the last round of duct tape was applied. There also were some server configuration issues  that the hosting company looked into and are reportedly fixed.

Hi,

Yep Amiga.org acts just like Karlos's brain, you know, intermittent lag, seems to be a regular feature, especially when you get old.

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline ChaosLord

• Show only replies by ChaosLord
    • http://totalchaoseng.dbv.pl/news.php
« Reply #127 on: July 04, 2011, 05:58:01 PM »
First let me say that I was permanently logged into Amiga.org for many years.
Every time I came here I was logged in and it knew who I was.  I never got to become Piru.

Then one day a while back, I was suddenly not logged in.  Now I have to log in every single time I want to write a post.  I did not cause this behavior intentionally.  It is either a Firefox problem or an Amiga.org problem.

Keeping in mind that I was not logged in.  I left Amiga.org and visited some other sites.  While at the Natami site I navigated back several pages to the home page of Amiga.org.

Since I was now viewing the old post listing on the front page (It was 1+ hour old) I then pressed the "New Posts" button near the top of the page.  This triggered the following error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
 Please contact the server administrator,  webmaster@amiga.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
 More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
 Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
  Apache mod_fcgid/2.3.5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at http://www.amiga.org Port 80

This error was 100% reproducible.  I pressed "back" then "New Posts" and got this same error every single time.

To escape being trapped in the twilight zone I clicked on a random thread "Desperate in Texas" then pressed "New Posts" and it worked.

I never had these problems on other sites.

I hope I have given you a detailed enough explanation this time so that you can solve the mystery and fix the problem.  Thanks.
Wanna try a wonderfull strategy game with lots of handdrawn anims,
Magic Spells and Monsters, Incredible playability and lastability,
English speech, etc. Total Chaos AGA

Offline Creeping Jesus

• Show only replies by Creeping Jesus
« Reply #128 on: July 04, 2011, 07:13:24 PM »
I reckon myself the problems have been created by a certain well know person here who apart from deleting other peoples account login details and passwords has been mucking around for quite some time now behind the scenes here and has basically mucked up the whole system.

As only people who have authority on this site would know about the following, then it seems obvious that one of these people posted this info on MooBunny.

Frankos Account Deleted By Wayne on Amiga.org

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #129 on: July 04, 2011, 08:39:15 PM »
Quote from: ChaosLord;648186
First let me say that I was permanently logged into Amiga.org for many years.
Every time I came here I was logged in and it knew who I was.  I never got to become Piru.

LOL, that brings back memories :lol:

Then one day a while back, I was suddenly not logged in.  Now I have to log in every single time I want to write a post.  I did not cause this behavior intentionally.  It is either a Firefox problem or an Amiga.org problem.

This is an unrelated issue. Your old cookie from the xoops days is meaningless to vBulletin. You need to get a new one. There were numerous threads along the lines of "I keep getting logged out after 10 mins" all of which are down to the same issue and very simple to fix. You have to log in to the user control panel page directly and tell it to "remember me" using the checkbox in the login form there. The quick login box doesn't seem to have one.

See: http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=51458

The above works for me on several vB sites, this one included.

Keeping in mind that I was not logged in.  I left Amiga.org and visited some other sites.  While at the Natami site I navigated back several pages to the home page of Amiga.org.

Since I was now viewing the old post listing on the front page (It was 1+ hour old) I then pressed the "New Posts" button near the top of the page.  This triggered the following error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
 Please contact the server administrator,  webmaster@amiga.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
 More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
 Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
  Apache mod_fcgid/2.3.5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at http://www.amiga.org Port 80

This error was 100% reproducible.  I pressed "back" then "New Posts" and got this same error every single time.

To escape being trapped in the twilight zone I clicked on a random thread "Desperate in Texas" then pressed "New Posts" and it worked.

I never had these problems on other sites.

I hope I have given you a detailed enough explanation this time so that you can solve the mystery and fix the problem.  Thanks.

Well unfortunately that doesn't tell me as much as you may think but as it says, the error log may have more information.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 09:33:33 PM by Karlos »
int p; // A

Offline gazgod

• Show only replies by gazgod
    • http://www.lincsamiga.org.uk
« Reply #130 on: July 05, 2011, 01:18:48 PM »
Just got this one again :- Apache mod_fcgid/2.3.5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at http://www.amiga.org Port 80

Whilst trying to open the front page.

Offline Templario

« Reply #131 on: July 05, 2011, 01:47:58 PM »
Yes, this is forum everyday is more slow, sometimes I can't connect with it.
Amiga 500 with ROMs 1.3-2.05 and M-Tec AT 500 with hard disk and 4MB Ram.
WinUAE + Original OS 3.5&3.9
Sam440ep 800 MHZ + OS 4.1 F.E.
Sam460ex 1 GHz + OS 4.1 + Update 6. K.O.
MacMini 1.5 GHz + MorphOS 3.9
PowerBook G4 1.65 + MorphOS 3.9

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #132 on: July 05, 2011, 03:24:07 PM »
Getting similar errors as the others.  Also, hitting the back button to return to the main page often stalls for 30 secs or outright craps out.  

Tested in FF and Chrome on my PC via ADSL, and via ipad/iphone and 3G, same result.

Offline danwood

• Show only replies by danwood
« Reply #133 on: July 05, 2011, 04:14:46 PM »
Quote from: Duce;648285
Getting similar errors as the others.  Also, hitting the back button to return to the main page often stalls for 30 secs or outright craps out.  

Tested in FF and Chrome on my PC via ADSL, and via ipad/iphone and 3G, same result.

Same - at home and work on Chrome, OWB, IE 8 and Safari on various machines and ISPs.

Offline redfox

« Reply #134 on: July 05, 2011, 04:31:54 PM »
Well that was very interesting.  As long as I don't log in I can surf around this website OK.  It slows down sometimes but at least it is usable for viewing only.  Tried logging in with OWB, logged in fine but could not move around the website.  Does not matter which link I click it does not go there.  Only thing that works is logout, and that was very fast.

At least using NetSurf, I was able to move around the site after logging in.  Posting this with NetSurf 3.0 (Development) version.

----
redfox
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 04:34:15 PM by redfox »