Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: C128 in an FPGA?  (Read 9791 times)

Description:

Offline psxphill

Re: C128 in an FPGA?
« on: March 12, 2013, 05:26:34 PM »
Quote from: Darrin;728912
Not that I've seen yet. Hopefully someone, some day might make a C128 core for the Chameleon64.

The dual video output makes it kinda hard. I'd prefer to see a C65 core for the Chameleon.
(not that I have one, they aren't compatible with the C128 so I got a 1541U2 instead).

Offline psxphill

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 09:25:09 PM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;729061
@kamelito

Wow, what qualifies you to speak for Jerry and her time? I would presume that she has bills to pay and likes to eat, just as we all do. She's more than likely out looking for another job to pay her bills and buy food rather than spending it on FPGA projects that DON'T bring ANY income to her.

You can find out what she's up to:

https://twitter.com/jeriellsworth

Offline psxphill

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 12:01:27 PM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;730854
And your accusations about GPL violations are off-base as well. People write closed-source applications and modules all the time that interface with open sourced and GPL code. This same issue is being addressed with Nvidia Optimus technology on Linux platforms, so I don't see why you're trying to make this an issue except that you have some sort of immature personal grudge match that you've declared.

A lot of people consider that NVidia violate the GPL. But they link their modules in a way that they think gets them round it, they are tolerated because nobody wants to sue and NVidia are producing drivers.

If any changes have been made to the minimig code to make it work on the MCC then not releasing the changes is a blatant violation. Whether you class that as ripping off or not is semantics.

Offline psxphill

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 01:24:55 AM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;730937
Until someone cares enough to PROVE with facts that Frederic is violating the GPL, then they need to shut up and stop attacking his credibility while hiding behind an online forum.

I don't think there is any dispute that MCC uses minimig source, MCC doesn't provide any source. Well I think that raises enough doubt that there is a violation that discussion online is fine.

Quote from: ferrellsl;730937
If gaula92 is so convinced that Frederic has violated the GPL, and he has proof of it, then he should file a law suit instead of turning this thread into a weapon for personal attacks. Where I come from, that's called "Put up, or shut up!" Right now I'd like a lot of "Shut Up" as far as this matter and GPL violations are concerned.

I think suggesting filing a law suit is unhelpful.

I'm not using personal attacks & I think discussion of GPL violations is fine. You don't have to read it.

Of course you could argue that it's off topic for this thread.

Offline psxphill

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 12:39:34 PM »
Quote from: Hattig;730965
The fact that they're not exactly screaming about this violation probably says a lot.

If they didn't care then I would have expected MCC to ask for a non GPL licensed version of the code so that they didn't have to provide source. If they'd done that then I'd have expected MCC to shout loudly that they had permission.

I'm not sure why Dennis wouldn't enforce the license, the FSF will usually help out. Faced with the prospect of a lawsuit then most people just release the source.

The biggest failing of the MCC is that they didn't open source everything & made it easy for anyone to develop for it, I would have bought one if they had.