Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Armiga. Emulated, Floppy disk compatibile amiga.  (Read 2610 times)

Description:

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
Re: Armiga. Emulated, Floppy disk compatibile amiga.
« on: April 01, 2014, 05:49:07 PM »
Quote from: Surreal;761624
Really only all that worthwhile if it contained an actual Amiga Floppy Drive, and not a PC Floppy Drive.  So we could actually use it in all it's multi-speed glory with real Ami disks.

~S

ummmm, i think the whole point is that you can run amiga floppies
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
Re: Armiga. Emulated, Floppy disk compatibile amiga.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 01:38:57 PM »
Quote from: Thorham;761765
Not really. They have some extra circuitry to enable daisy chaining up to four drives, but that's it. The extra signals that the drives have can be produced with some wires on a peecee drive's circuit board. Did it once back in my teens. My mom thought a replacement Amiga drive was too expensive, so I had to make do with a peecee drive. Got it to work with a few wires. Didn't work with extra drives, of course.

The big difference is the controller in the peecee. That thing is the reason peecees can't read Amiga formatted disks.

Yes the problem hass always been the controller not the drive itseld.  As long as they re-create the floppy controler  , paula is it ?  then it shoudl work fine with amiga disks
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"