Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga vs PC  (Read 33056 times)

Description:

Offline Arkhan

• Show all replies
    • http://www.aetherbyte.com
Re: Amiga vs PC
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2010, 02:47:49 AM »
I am a negative, rude, prick.  

"Aetherbyte: My fledgling game studio!":  << Probably not coming to an Amiga near you because you all suck! :roflmao:

Offline Arkhan

• Show all replies
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2010, 03:25:14 AM »
Quote from: halvliter'n;574713
Amiga Rules!!!1

lookout brother.  anymore post-content and you might blow up the internets!

3 jawesome posts all in one thread. YOU ARE ON A ROLL.

"Aetherbyte: My fledgling game studio!":  << Probably not coming to an Amiga near you because you all suck! :roflmao:

Offline Arkhan

• Show all replies
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 12:15:20 AM »
Quote from: Boot_WB;574985
I'm touched that you would enquire so tenderly after the emotional wellbeing of another member.

quit sounding like a pompous bag of dicks.  and no kidding you have to install Win3.1 to run Win3.1 apps. Your argument is the equivalent of going

THE COMPUTAR SEZ THERE NO OS INSTALLED NOW I CAN'T RUN GOOGLECHROME, THIS IS A POS. I'M GOING BACK TO MY AMIGA.

Everyone that says M$ blows, WINDOZE IS SUCK, etc. etc.  is an idiot.  End of story.  Its fine if you think Amiga computers are still the bees knees, but take off your rose tinted glasses and get with the times already.

If they (M$) blow so bad explain why any computer you buy has the latest Windows on it.  Explain why most corporations use Windows and other M$ stuff.  I think the majority of the haters had a PEBKAC issue they were too dense to solve, and decided the entire thing was worthless.

Explain why M$'s Xbox 360 is a pretty massive success and the first console to easily allow homebrew development on?

If omgLINUX was packaged on every PC at BestBuy, IT would be what is most targeted for bullshit spyware/nonsense.  Why would spyware people want to target the minority.  That's why your Amigas don't get viruses when you go on the googlemachine.  The world at large doesn't give a damn about them anymore.

The times have changed, everything has evolved, Commodore/Amiga dropped the ball and lost.  Now there are sleeker, better, faster things to do your computing on.  Amiga's are nice nostalgia trips, and still nice to play games on if thats your thing, but they can't compete with modern hardware.  Do you think Pixar is using Amiga's? No.  

Nasa? Nope.

If all you're doing on the modern computer is jacking off on facebook, whatever.  Go for it.   It may be mundane to alot of people who do more intense stuff........ but you still can't do it on an Amiga.

Offline Arkhan

• Show all replies
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 12:42:12 AM »
Quote from: Thorham;575026
Actually, people who say that someone looks dumb because they're using a term such as 'peecee' on an Amiga board, need to look at themselves first, instead of pointing fingers at others.
I only point the finger at dumb people, so I'd never have to point at myself.

Really, this makes no sense at all to me. Now, if I were to use this term on other forums I visit which have nothing to do with Amigas, such as VeggieBoards, then it's used completely out of context, and then it's indeed plain stupid.
If you can't say it everywhere and have it be legit, odds are its a waste of time and you're being a tard.

The bottom line: I'll never stop using 'peecee' in context, whether some people think it's stupid or not :)
Nothing like willful stupidity!

Offline Arkhan

• Show all replies
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 01:44:46 AM »
Quote from: amigaksi;575031
You misunderstood that argument completely.  It's a fact that PCs have been backward compatible since 1980s when they first came out.  Now all of a sudden you have this 64-bit OS that refuses to run Windows 3.x stuff although processor is quite capable to do so.  So some suggest using DOSBOX.  But DOSBOX itself has problems with even DOS applications and clearly it isn't as simple as saying "DOSBOX runs Windows 3.x stuff."

Yet noone bitches about having to use WHDLoad on newer Amigas, or that old Mac stuff requires emulation on new macs.

They aren't running your standard PCs either so that's a straw man argument.  And Amiga is good at running stuff it was designed for just like any machinery.  When you want to bloat it with gigabytes of mostly useless dead code in running internet and seeing bloated websites, you will experience a slow-down.

funny, the NASA research center by me uses PCs.

Offline Arkhan

• Show all replies
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 02:47:51 AM »
Quote from: amigaksi;575037
Assuming you are right, two wrongs don't make a right.  And actually WHDLoad is trying to make things run off the hard drive rather than the floppy although there are few that misbehave in the way they use the OS calls or memory.  So that's not the same issue as purposely preventing stuff from running-- seems more like someone just boasting his power to drive out old software.  Mac switched processors so that requires emulation but Intel processor are backward compatible.

True, 100% backwards compatibility is a wet-dream noone will ever perfect. Deal with it.

You means the employees using the internet or the ones they use for the fancy stuff.

I mean the ones doing research.  I like how you just spew ignorance about a place you have never been to.

Offline Arkhan

• Show all replies
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2010, 03:07:41 AM »
Quote from: amigaksi;575041
Hah, you are not dealing with it by dismissing something that can still be avoided.  I'm dealing with it by telling people not to use 64-bit OSes.  It's a waste of time.  By the way, even Photoshop for Windows 3.x runs pretty well on XP and I don't see any reason to buy a 64-bit version or use a 64-bit OS.

My games get better benchmark scores with the 64bit OS on my 64 bit processor.  But you dont play games since you don't seem too fun.

You're wrong.  They used souped up machines last time I visited.  They even used souped up Amigas at one time at least some of them.  You're the one spewing out ignorance.  You can't dismiss something because NASA or Pixar don't use it.  What kind of argument is that.  

Oh, really now?  When did you visit last? 1993?  I was there twice in the past two years and one time was for classes.

In the rapidly evolving world of technology, you'll find most big-name places use state of the art, not relics of the past just because they remember how cool it was 20 years ago.

You use what gets the job done (period).  For me 64-bit OSes don't get the job done; 32-bit OS and 16-bit OSes do and Amiga is one of them.  Amiga was meant for gaming and multimedia stuff and it still serves that purpose for me.

Oh I thought NASA used souped up amigas!?  

You use what gets the job done, yes.

I don't know how to you can manage state of the art research on a machine that can barely hit up the googlebox9000, etc.

I'd trust something designed on a s.o.t.a PC over something designed on a rickety Amiga3000 with a buncha addons.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 03:55:15 AM by Argo »

Offline Arkhan

• Show all replies
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2010, 03:29:12 AM »
Quote from: amigaksi;575046
Actually, I play more games than you.  I have 5 different machines from 1980s to present for playing games.  I don't care about benchmarks of the CPU-- I only care about how good the game is, the controls, the collision detection, and the smoothness and wait time.  You're just getting too emotionally involved because of your attachment to PCs and can't see the clear cut argument.

You mayyyy want to rethink that remark there chief.  You are again stepping foot on ignorant soil.

Unless you wanna come over and play:

MSX, CoCo 3, C64, 286, 486, new stuff, or basically any console released between pong and now.  I'm talkin intellivision, coleco, astrocade, and all the other fun stuff.

I'm a gamer.  That's what I do.  I play more than you'll ever know.  Bet me.

Also benchmarks matter if you want optimal performance with your new 3D intense games.  If you don't understand that, you aren't a gamer.

As I said, the argument has no basis to decide the machine for someone.  Most people nowadays are addicted to and involved with internet so that's a reason to use modern PCs.  NASA is using a mix of various PCs-- it's no clear cut that they use a standard PC-- you are going by your limited one-sided experience.  Nor does their research warrant someone else imitating them.  

It's not one sided.  I sure didn't see any Amiga's in action.  Find me a NASA project running on Amiga, and also, you dodged the "when were you there last" question.  Probably because you weren't there recently, or may not have even been to the one where I am from.

In your emotional irrational frenzy to reply, you misread my statement.  Go back and re-read what I wrote.

what statement, I was too busy laughing at you and playing games.

You have any reason to tell me I should stop using Amigas for gaming and multimedia?

1) You can't play new stuff on the Amiga, and homebrew is lacking
2) If you think an Amiga trumps any modern multimedia experience, you're even stupider than I thought.

You got bluray and surround sound coming out of your Amiga?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 03:57:44 AM by Argo »

Offline Arkhan

• Show all replies
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2010, 04:55:51 AM »
Quote from: amigaksi;575049
Name calling won't help you nor your opinions.

But it's fun!

Exactly.  You have to read before you reply.  I didn't dodge anything-- you misread my statement or never read it.  Once you read my statement properly, we'll continue.  I don't have to go there; I have an easier way to get in touch and find out although I have been there.

What statement are you talking about.  Show me so I can understand what it is I am missing.

Just your speculative, concocted excuse.

Speculation? Concoction?  Ok then.  Explain how you keep up with the rapidly evolving gaming world on an AMIGA.   Can you play DirectX 10 stuff on that puppy?  Do you have a PS3 emulator on there also?

You are lost.  You agreed that it's to get the job done so it gets my job done and I NEED to go directly to I/O ports to control my devices.  Once again calling names won't help you-- you need to calm down and think things over.  In fact, you may need to learn to read before you reply.  That's the normal procedure in forums and emails.

What is your job?  You just blab about nonsense and make it out like all you need is an Amiga.  

I read before I post.  And I laugh before I do also.

I threw that away as it didn't fit my needs nor my audiences.  I stick to multimedia CD since they work on majority of machines-- don't need anything more at this time.

Oh so your excuse/defense is "Don't need it".  Everyone needs holyshitblurayonhugetvwithsurroundsound.  Anyone who says otherwise is in denial.

I'll tell you whose REALLY stupid-- the person who just goes and gets a 64-bit OS and makes most of his previous software useless.  You are using ancient technology at 32-bits or 16-bits; why not try the truly over-bloated 64-bit OS that's incompatible  with your software.

They make this thing, I am not sure if you have heard of it.  It's called a partition?

Make more than one? DUhHHr?

Or, use more than one computer?

I'd rather keep with the times than convince myself that all I need in life is a computer that can't even play fuckin Diablo 2.

Offline Arkhan

• Show all replies
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2010, 05:45:51 AM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;575067
@Arkhan
are you aware how ridiculous and pompous you sound right now ?

Yes.  :afro:

I am in one of those moods this week.

Offline Arkhan

• Show all replies
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2010, 10:39:11 AM »
Quote from: stefcep2;575085

Anyway when home users start saying things like they need 8 cores and 16 GB ram, the PC industry upgrade con is complete.

Hey, thats what I'm packin for the FF14 release at the end of september.

Gotta be top notch, or its no good.

Offline Arkhan

• Show all replies
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2010, 02:32:16 PM »
Quote from: Boot_WB;575097
Thankyou for proving my point.
There is a certain etiquette in interacting in the forums which it seems you have yet to learn.

What etiquette is that?  Don't tell it like it is?  I treat forums like I treat outside.  I don't talk like I'm sitting on a throne in a castle. ********  Whoopeedoo.  If you can't handle being talked to harshly, how do you survive the real world?  Earmuffs?  

If you read back through my arguements in this thread you'll find that... err, I haven't made any. Consequently, your ramblings against me are totally inane.

They weren't all directed at you.

Quote from: Boot_WB;575098
Ahh, consumerism 101.
Enjoy your life contributing to the landfills of this world.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 03:50:05 AM by Argo »

Offline Arkhan

• Show all replies
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2010, 11:22:13 PM »
Quote from: Boot_WB;575121
No, I usually find walking away from arseholes helps quite a lot though.
If a person cannot engage with arguements, resorting to child-like foot-stamping, name-calling, and posturing, that's usually a good sign that they have nothing of value to contribute.

Theres plenty to contribute, you just think it all has to be delivered in a 5-page essay format complete with douche-tastic sounding phrases that you probably don't use in real life but do here because you have plenty of time to formulate everything.  If you talk like that in real life, do you also prance around in robes and wave a scepter around and demand your subjects bring you crisps and whatnot?

Not everyones going to deliver statements and opinions in a high and mighty Tolstoy approach.  You tout intelligence.  Use it to comprehend this simple fact.

Then perhaps you should learn to address your comments towards the person at whom you are directing them.

Everyone but you can connect the dots.  You're too busy polishing your scepter and demanding tea from your servants to lrn2forum.

Bigot? Explain how..

Everyone buys computer hardware.  You do, I do, the rest of the forum does.  Acting like you're above it all because you don't buy the latest stuff is pretty stupid of you.

No, you would be crying, I'd be looking for something more interesting to do than online wanking with a group of anonymous strangers who are the nearest thing to a group of friends I can insinuate myself into.

Aww whats the matter wittle baby?  Now YOU ran out of things to contribute so you have to resort to spewing ignorance?

All of my friends preordered the game too.  If you read the rest of this thread, you'd see that I stated I am a gamer.  A pretty serious one, as is the rest of the group I game with.  Sounds like you are projecting, and butt-hurt that you have noone to game with so you fap to your Amiga since noone wants to interact with wannabes like you on games.

If you don't believe me, have your subjects draw up the private jet and come here in a month.  Theres a gaming convention.  We're playing a ton of stuff.  Starblazers, mordheim, who knows what else.  Real people! Friends!  Things your ignorant ass seems to think I don't have.

That stupid little statement from you really reduced all of your pompous nonsense to nothing.  YOU DONE GOOFED SON.

Damn, say what you want about me from here on friend, I'm not going to get drawn further into a flamefest with someone who is clearly not interested in intelligent discussion of any kind.
/thread interest

You say this yet continue to post in the thread.  Don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk.  Shut up and go diddle around in a new thread, or stay and cope with the madness.

Offline Arkhan

• Show all replies
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2010, 02:34:42 PM »
Quote from: Amiga_Nut;575343
A post full of more bullshit than Bush trying to explain away the lack of any evidence for WMD development in Iraq after Gulf War 2.0 haha.

etc
etc

tl;dr

oh wait, something about the PCE at the end...

go back and read that PCE argument again.  I said the CD AUDIO is better.  That isn't 6 channels.

the CHIP tunes are 6 channels.  SotB on PCE CD doesn't use the chip.

If you're going to type a master thesis reply trying to insult me with your ever-so-lol condescending tone, try to get your facts straight before you commit yourself to permanent failure by hitting "submit reply".

The CD AUDIO is a studio remastered version of the original soundtrack.   Have you even listened to it?  If you think 4 channels of sampled audio beats out a studio soundtrack, I am going to just ignore any more filth you continue to spew on the internet.  It would prove without a shadow of a doubt that you're delusional.

I have an even better idea too, shut your mouth for an hour or so, and go listen to the CD soundtrack.  Tell me what you think.

Offline Arkhan

• Show all replies
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2010, 05:42:10 PM »
Quote from: Thorham
The advantage is that I at least know who not to take seriously around here :)

yourself?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 05:48:53 PM by Arkhan »

Offline Arkhan

• Show all replies
« Reply #29 from previous page: August 26, 2010, 05:49:11 PM »
Quote from: Golem!dk;576375
That's some neat quoting...

O_O  you're right.

fixed.   No idea what happened there lol