Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga vs PC  (Read 33071 times)

Description:

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
Re: Amiga vs PC
« on: August 11, 2010, 12:13:43 AM »
Hi,

The Amiga can't hold a candle to todays modern PC. The modern PC has faster and more memory, hard drives that are 10 times faster for reading and writing data, graphic cards that put the Amiga's AGA chips to shame, sound that is just about like the band played it and processing power beyond belief, but also the PC has no soul, it doesn't have people that stand behind it, cherish it and love turning it on, it doesn't have games that rock your soul like the Mackey's Megaball, Scorched Tanks and Soliton.

Is the PC really that much faster, it moves pixels and does math calculations at blinding speed something the Amiga will probably never do, but when you hit the on switch, it loads in faster than a Bill Gates bloated windows 7 system, it has your files up on the screen faster than a PC and is ready to use. It will run serveral programs at the same time without wimpering.

It is as Franko said better than the machine your running your emulator on.

AND

besides that

It is just plain fun.

Now if only someone could come up with some modern day printer drivers the Amiga would probably be real cool and could get some work done     again.

Why do I run an emulator on my PC?

Simple, to keep from wearing out my Amiga's. I couldn't bear to see them die.

How many of you can say that about your PC or MAC?

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 02:18:18 AM »
Hi,

@Arkhan,

I do believe you mis interrpeted my post. What I am saying here is that the Amiga has a soul, and that a lot of people are still using it because it is a fun type computer. It has something a PC lacks, people who will keep it for many years and use it, they don't care if it has fallen behind, it is a hobby to them to keep it and use it, the Amiga has spirit, and a lot of people supporting it.

Lets look at a PC, where is it at 5 years later?
Do you still have your old 8088 pc?
How about a 80286?

The answer is probably NO, and why because they are outdated pieces of cow manure.

Now how many people still have their Amiga?

I know all my Amiga friends still have it and some since 1985.

The Amiga has heart, and a soul, so that is why we still like it and use it, nothing more nothing less

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 02:30:30 AM »
Quote from: Franko;574291
Hi smerf

Couldn't have put it any better myself... (you are indeed a true Amigan) :)

(uh oh.. you back Arkhan...) ;)

Hi,

Why Thank You Franko,

I have been an Amigan since the 2nd day that the Amiga 1000 hit Jacksonville Florida. Didn't buy it the first day because I had to think about it, it looked good but I just couldn't understand at the time why df0: and not just a:

seemed like a lot more typing to get something done, especially when you wanted to copy a disk or a file.

smerf

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 02:41:04 AM »
Quote from: Arkhan;574290
ah youre just mad I get hot wimins, and youre still an idiot.

Thats because the Amiga hardware didn't advance the same is all.  Its a shame it didn't.  Itd probably be kick ass if there was modern Amiga compatible stuff competing with the rest of the computers.

Hi,

Know what you mean, just imagine, a quad core 68090 chip running at 4.5ghz, with an awsome modern ATI or NVIDIA graphics card, with 64 gigs of memory, a USB 2.0 or 3.0, and a sata hard drive with blue ray player. Someone please find that CEO from India what was his name ali, and shove a PC or MAC or both up his butt.

smerf

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 11:12:27 PM »
Hi,

@ElpolloDiabl,

Did I hear you right, "Screw Amiga"

What in the hello are you doing here?

This is an Amiga Channel, if you like PC's that much go to a PC channel if you can find one that doesn't charge you bucks (thats all PC people are looking for).

smerf

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 07:04:43 PM »
Quote from: Franko;574395
Having read through every post here, it seems to me we should not be debating or arguing over silly little things like gfx card speeds/ flash drives are better than HDs and so on. :(

We should instead just be saying why we use our Amiga / PC / Mac or whatever machine your using, for what we as individuals use them for and how we are happy with the machines we use... :)

For example I use my Amiga for all my computing needs except for one, I use my iMac for the internet only and it's more than adequate in that task for me.

My Amiga however, I use for all other computing needs I have ie: GFX/Photo Editing, Programming, audio editing, creating MP3s and music CDs / burning Video DVDs, letters, printing and a whole lot more beside. :)

This set up for me is just about perfect, only when I finally set up one of my Amigas to go online, will I then be able to decide whether my Amiga is suitable for this one final task or if I shall have to continue using the Mac for being online.

So come one folks be a bit more positive about why you use the machine you do, and share with us all, the benefits of using your particular set up. :)

Hi,

I use my Amiga to keep hold of all my important data, pictures, music, documents, insurance stuff, etc. My Amiga 4000 has been doing it all with old antiquated programs like pen pal, Miamiga file, word perfect, and Final Writer. Things I don't use the Amiga for is guess what, can you spell internet.

but

I have never lost any data on my Amiga 4000 since I bought it in 1992. (heh, heh one of the benefits of being a Commodore salesmen back then).

Look if I didn't think that the Amiga was the best thing since salted peanuts, I wouldn't of sold it and yes I did own PC's back then, I had an Otrana portable, a PC-10, PC-20, and a C128 (a very enjoyable computer). Never owned a MAC because it seemed like such a dead piece of locked up system and hardware piece of crap.

Anyhow when you compare an Amiga with a PC think of the most important thing you keep on your PC, and that is data. I have a new quadcore, screaming gamming machine, and you know what, it is a miracle when I complete a game, because the darn computer keeps either locking up, getting infected, or just plain crashes. I find myself reloading about every 6 months. Can any of you mighty mouth PC owners tell me everything that is running on your PC? Can you tell me if your registery is completely clean? Can you tell me when you are on the internet who is lurking in the background? Can you tell me what files belong where and if they are really part of the Winblows os?

Probably not, I have several years of administrative training, and sometime it take me and several other people to solve a problem.

smerf

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 03:37:30 AM »
Hi,

@Arkhan

[I can. Solid state drive, 8gb ram, Phenom II X6 w/ Windows 7.

boots up faster than I can say "Franko's on meth"]

I am sorry but I do believe that you misunderstood me.

What I am saying is that if I lose a PC or a (ugh) MAC it is really no big deal, the are such worthless pieces of junk, I just go online and buy another one for just about $300. OK MACS do cost a little more by about $2700 (if you buy one that is worth something).

Now if I lost my Amiga, it would be like losing a good friend or maybe my pet dog.

smerf