Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PC still playing Amiga catchup  (Read 68088 times)

Description:

Offline terminator4

• Show all replies
    • http://none
Re: PC still playing Amiga catchup
« on: May 28, 2009, 09:55:32 PM »
@DiskDoctor

Well said, could not have said it better myself.

Offline terminator4

• Show all replies
    • http://none
Re: PC still playing Amiga catchup
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 02:34:24 AM »
As mentioned, all it takes is one investor with capital and techy people to make Amiga work.  If there's anything in the past 30 years of computer technology  that one can learn is that nothing is for certain, nothing is written in  stone and change is a constant and only thing.  Amiga can be part of  change if it so chooses.  Even a private company can be bought. Everyone has their price.
In the late 90s certain company by name of Apple were having difficulties and were almost extinct.  And certain person returned to make MacOS viable alternative again.  To say that CBM saw this "end of Amiga" in early 90s is  plain wrong - if thats the case then why release A4000/1200, CD32/A4000T and why work on Pandora? CBM could have abandoned Amiga/8bit line and  concentrated solely on their PC  business (which I think was profitable for them - don't make me takeout the financial statements ;-)).  And what is MacOS or Linux if not a niche market?  (majority of users are still Windows and although thats changing, this  is still predominant OS at work / home environment.  Try to sell it to them instead of Windows XP hehe.)
And Amiga isn't just the family of 680x0  processors. It's reemerging in OS4.1/4.0, MorphOS, AROS, Minimig, perhaps as NatAmi - surely still very much behind (in quantity of software), but not standing still.

Anyway, I'm just stating my opinion and everyone is entitled to one, I'm not try to convince you/anyone or win an  argument over anything (especially over the net ).
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 02:42:37 AM by terminator4 »