Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Selling the entire amiga horde, step right up...  (Read 4990 times)

Description:

Offline haywirepcTopic starter

• Show all replies
Selling the entire amiga horde, step right up...
« on: May 25, 2011, 03:30:51 PM »
1) amiga 1200 minus rom chips, with ps, 2.5 inch 4 gig hard drive os3.9 installed. 68030 50mhz accellerator. I have some 3.0 rom chips around I will include. Worked when 3.1 rom chips removed. I have a set of 3.0 roms I will include.

1) Amiga 500 I believe it has the fatter angus amiga 500 upgrade and 512k trapdoor expansion, 2.X rom Otherwise stock very nice condition including power supply.

1) Amiga 2000 which I believe is stock, with 1.2 roms floppy only here but in great condition with keyboard/mouse power cord etc.

1) Amiga 1000 with 2 meg sidecar expansion, Good keyboard, mouse all working from the kickstart/workbench I had on floppy to test with.

All computers thus far working, booted up and checked. Next one... I have no idea (yet) but I may give that some time if interest is keen.

1) Famous Amiga 500 tower. Pictures available here of this thing. I was told it has a 386 bridgeboard, accellerator and extra ram, scsi hard drive. I'm ashamed to say been too busy to do anything with it. Has a black amiga external keyboard and mouse with it. There is a scsi internal tape drive and a cd-rom drive built into the tower. An interesting piece of amiga history.Condition unknown. PICS in the gallery here. It sure is interesting! Someone once called it the most powerful amiga 500 in the world. Its a beast of amiga goodness yours for the taking...

Monitors

1) 1084 works great but like many, the power button sticks, but otherwise works great.

1) Thompson color monitor, a bit bigger and nicer looking than a 1084, originally came with the amiga 2000 I got.
This monitor includes rgb cable to hookup to any amiga rgb port.

1) Original A1000 rgb monitor. great condition.

Floppies : I have a whole bunch of floppy plastic box holders filled with amiga software and utilities. There is probably 200 floppy discs in total. Most working as many of these systems were floppy only, I tried out alot of the discs in the horde and most work.

ALSO : 1 external amiga floppy drive, I believe this is the fatter type, dk model off hand but will check if someone needs to know for sure.

Magazines : 2 or 3 big boxes full of amiga magazines. Yes all part of the horde... All yours.

Books/boxed software : There are several boxes full of software, mostly productivity but a few games. All included in the horde Some system manuals I believe too.

Misc : I have tons of odds and ends, a few joysticks, (1 sega genesis one more atari like) There is also an amigamaniac rgb to svideo adapter and I'll even throw in an svideo to vga adapter too, so you can do all amiga screenmodes on any vga monitor.

There is also a shoebox full of amiga cd-roms, mostly aminet orginals.
Whatever else I find is also included in the horde sale.

Also included : I have some original boxes. I mean there is an amiga 500 box, a 1084 box and so on. Maybe more, all included.

More misc : I have a few cf ide adapters and drives, I think those are for the 1200 and installed with either os3.9 or os3.1

In short, cleaning out my entire horde. I am sure many items, extras, parts, useful items and so on not listed here will also be thrown in the boxes and included in the horde.

Now here is the hard part. I would prefer to sell this entire horde to one U.S. buyer, the highest bidder. Buyer pays actual shipping for entire horde. Will combine as much as possible to make shipping as inexpensive as possible. Will probably take 3-4 BIG boxes.

May list on ebay with pics, but offering to true amiga fans here first.

Open to all offers, I'm in Philadelphia,PA, USA and will highly discount if entire horde sale if someone can pick up the horde in person. As you can imagine, this is an incredible load of stuff that I would prefer goes to all one person. I'm sorry but splitting everything up will take ages...

I'm pretty sure this is a fantastic load of stuff for any amiga fan. I'm hopeful someone will want the whole horde. In short, I'm giving you everything amiga I have collected in the last several years of my nostalgia trip. Thats over for me, but it was a blast.

I'm moving on to AROS for all my amiga needs and will have no need of all this stuff. Its just too much for my tiny house.

Public offers offered here on this thread are preferred to pms, lets let everyone have a fair shot at getting the whole horde please.

Best regards, and thanks for reading...

Steven
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 03:07:55 AM by haywirepc »

• Show all replies
Re: Selling the entire amiga horde, step right up...
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 03:37:20 PM »
Forgot to mention, but since I am moving entirely to NG AMIGA for in person traders I will consider a registered morphos machine or a really good x86 pc for my aros use in trade.

I think that would be very fair considering the horde collection here.

Steven

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 03:39:51 PM »
Sorry I prefer as I said in my post not to break up. One person gets the whole load.

Steven

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 03:59:59 PM »
More pms... For morphOS traders, please 1.5 ghz working registered system or better. I think this entire load of amiga goodness is worth a bit more than a low spec emac.

I am looking forward to clearing out all this space and replacing it with one AROS pc and one morphos os machine possibly.

Steven

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 03:03:18 AM »
I had hoped that people would bid publicly so everyone would know whats going on, but it appears that people prefer pm's.

Contact me via pm if you would like to make an offer. As previously stated I would prefer not to break it up. I have several interested parties all willing to pick up the horde in person already so if you want me to ship this monstrous load, you may be out of luck already.

Best regards,

Steven

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 05:10:55 PM »
Lots of initial interest. Some people made offers but did not follow through.

All still available. Must go soon. Please make offers via pm.
As previously stated I'd prefer someone to pick it all up. I'm in Philadelphia,PA.

All reasonable offers considered.

Best regards,

Steven

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 05:50:05 PM »
Yes I am kind of dissapointed in this process. I struggled with the decision to let it all go for some time. I thought someone would snap it all up too, and quick. So far many offers but no follow through.

All still available for the right trader or buyer. Its an amazing load of amiga still up for grabs. I may just box it all up and keep it.

Steven

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 03:30:46 AM »
The truth is I have been using a dedicated emulation pc running os3.9 for some time now. Its just much easier than dealing with real hardware, especially all these floppy systems as I do not have a catweasel.

Most often I am actually using my linux pc (which is my every day computer) for running amiga stuff too. I figured out how to have icons on the linux desktop or bars to directly launch whatever amiga programs I still want to run. (Dpaint, octamed, games and so on)

We are selling our house and I'd like to lighten the load alot before any move.  I'm sure I may miss alot of this stuff especially once we move to a much bigger place as we are planning. I will be building a new aros pc in the next few weeks or months. I'd really like a morphOS machine someday, but so far spare X86 pcs are just easier to come by than appropriate macs.

Steven

• Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 06:22:14 AM »
I'm sure a next gen system will see alot more use than my old friends here...