Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Selling the entire amiga horde, step right up...  (Read 5002 times)

Description:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: Selling the entire amiga horde, step right up...
« on: May 28, 2011, 01:33:53 AM »
Quote from: haywirepc;640194
More pms... For morphOS traders, please 1.5 ghz working registered system or better. I think this entire load of amiga goodness is worth a bit more than a low spec emac.

I am looking forward to clearing out all this space and replacing it with one AROS pc and one morphos os machine possibly.

Steven

Unless someone has an accelerated MorphOS system, there is only one Mac model that runs at 1.5GHz and none that run over 1.5GHz (yet).  The fastest G4 PowerMac's were the 1.42GHz MDD models, the same speed as the fastest G4 eMac's, so you might want to reconsider your request for a trade and move the bar down to a minimum of 1.25GHz G4 PowerMac, single G4, or dual G4.  The only G4's that run faster on a MorphOS supported system are third party accelerators for the PowerMac, or the 1.67GHz G4 inside the last PowerBook's, but there is no current support for any G4 PowerBook's yet.

MorphOS2.7 does run very fast on any 1.25GHz G4 system, so you shouldn't feel like you are getting an inferior system, just because it is not running at the same speed as the fastest stock Mac G4 model that is currently supported by MorphOS2.x, the 1.5GHz G4 MacMini.  The only faster supported MorphOS2.x systems are the G4 PowerMac's that have third party accelerators, like the 1.8GHz G4 Sonnet.  The 1.25Ghz & 1.42GHz G4 eMac's that you seem opposed to are actually pretty good systems for running MorphOS2.7 on, but they are bulky and heavy.

Good luck with your switch over from Classic to Next Gen Amiga systems (I hope you don't regret it).
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)