Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Selling the entire amiga horde, step right up...  (Read 4985 times)

Description:

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
Re: Selling the entire amiga horde, step right up...
« on: May 27, 2011, 05:35:09 PM »
Quote from: haywirepc;640637
Lots of initial interest. Some people made offers but did not follow through.

All still available. Must go soon. Please make offers via pm.
As previously stated I'd prefer someone to pick it all up. I'm in Philadelphia,PA.

All reasonable offers considered.

Best regards,

Steven

Wow Steven,
I'm amazed no one has snapped this up! The registration price for MorphOS is pretty low. If I had a second Powermac or other capable machine around I'd be on it in a second.

BTW - Welcome to the future. I'm surprised you decided to move in this direction, but as you could guess I wholly support it.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 05:52:27 PM »
@ Smerf and Steven

The fact that you're both in the State immediately to the North of me is a surprise.
I thought most Amiga fanatics lived in Europe.

BTW - My Dad was from  Pennsyltucky. I always felt like I was traveling a decade or two into the past when we visited relatives there.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 05:58:20 PM by Iggy »
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 07:08:28 PM »
@ Franko

Its a reference to the fact that Pennsylvania and Kentucky both contain part of the Appalachian Mountain range and that some of the inhabitants resemble extras from the movie Deliverance.

@ TheGoose

I think he mentioned a 1.5 or better G4 with a registered copy of MorphOS or a decent AROS system.
Frankly, I think he'd profit better by selling the Commodore hardware and buying the replacements directly.

I have no idea why no one has snatched this offer up. It's a good one.

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 08:59:56 PM »
Quote from: Bigbronc;640713
I am in Maryland just south of this great state of Pennsyvania, I see someone in Deleware, I know of another Amiga person in Maryland, we have enough to start a user group, so when is the next meeting? :afro:

Ha! Not too far off. I used to drive to PA to attend PAC meetings. Then a small group of us (about 12) would break off and head to another location to have a meeting covering 6809 and 68K OS9.
So we DO almost have enough for a users group (or a convention).

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 12:43:35 AM »
http://www.ncaug.org/

2008 meeting?
Man, its been awhile since these folks got together.

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 04:00:01 AM »
True David, the fastest non-accelerated G4 macs (other than the Powerbooks) is the 1.5 Ghz Mac Mini.
And that model has enough VRAM to make it work well with MorphOS.
Personally, I'd prefer a 1.42 MDD or an accelerated Powermac (at least until Powerbook or G5 support is introduced). Those models have more expansion options.

Whatever direction Steven chooses, he's bound to find NG systems to be more capable then legacy hardware.
I'm fond of real Amigas too, but for everyday use they're just not up to some tasks.

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 06:21:27 PM »
Quote from: pwermonger;640875
Lately, though, I'm watching prices for Classic Amiga hardware (most classics across the board really) go up and up. Where Amiga 500s were $20 now I regularly see close to $100 with bids unexpanded.

Amiga 1000 will be the true classic of the Amiga line being the first for sure. I think his best bet is to keep them a bit and let them appreciate or put it all up for sale separate and for part of the proceeds he can get a decent PowerMac or MacMini (I got my 1.5 GHz mini for less than $200) and get MorphOS.

Trade or sold as a lot he wont get anywhere near what its all worth now with the appreciating values I'm seeing.

Yep, I've only got a little more then that invested in my Powermac.
The problem Steven has is storing all this stuff. If he's moving now would be the time to let it go and replace it with an NG system after the move.

Moving is a pain in the ass without having to lug around a lot of old hardware. I know. My last move I brought along a lot of older hardware (most of which I later sold on Ebay). I wish I'd sold the stuff before the move.

And I use my MOS system more often than our PCs. Unless you invest a lot of money in a legacy system, you're not going to get as much day to day utility.